Opening a docx file causes posterization of wallpaper RRS feed

• Question

• I have asked this in another forum so if this looks like it's a dupe..you are not mistaken.

Whenever I open an MS Word 2007 document, my wallpaper posterizes. This happens on an HP Elitebook and it does not happen with any other type of Office document, only docx files. It's quite weird.

Fwiw...the notebook has 4gb of ram, 320 gb hd, and an i3 processor. I'm stumped. Do you think simply reloading the video drivers would help this go away?

There's a black lab under my desk
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Does this issue occur with all the .docx files?

At this time, I suggest start the Word program, create a new Word document and save it as a .docx file. Then, open the new .docx file again. Does the same issue occur?

You may also update or reload the video drivers to see if the problem can be resolved. As this issue is more related to the operating system, you may also post this thread in the Windows forum to see if there are better ideas.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com  

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:09 AM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Does this issue occur with all the .docx files?

At this time, I suggest start the Word program, create a new Word document and save it as a .docx file. Then, open the new .docx file again. Does the same issue occur?

You may also update or reload the video drivers to see if the problem can be resolved. As this issue is more related to the operating system, you may also post this thread in the Windows forum to see if there are better ideas.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:09 AM
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:09 AM
  •  

Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:31 AM
  •  

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:09 AM