none
Can't create data analysis views in windows 7/project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• In Project Server 2007, when trying to create a new Data Analysis view or edit an existing one, we get the following error: "An error was encountered in loading the page". Using the F12 developer tools, I tracked it down to the following line: "cn = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection"), and in javascript the more specific error is "Automation server can't create object".

I assumed it was a browser permissions issue, and so I ensured the site is in trusted sites, and set the security level to low, but the same error is still occurring.

This error only occurs for users who are on Windows 7. This page works fine for users on Vista. The Windows 7 box has IE 9, the Vista box has IE 7.

Is Project Server 2007 supported in Windows 7/IE 9? Is there another security setting to look for?

edit: I have also checked the registry on the client and confirmed that adodb.connection is registered, and the dll exists.

Thanks,

Mike G.

• Edited by m g Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

If you refer to this link, IE9 is supported by PS2007. Anyway, in the F12 developer tool, try to set the default browser to IE8. Also add the PWA url to the compatibility site settings in IE.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:27 PM
  • Thanks, I tried with compatibility on and off, and with ie browser mode via F12, but the same error is displayed.

Mike G.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:03 PM
  • Have you tried to remove the activeX from the control panel and install it again?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:11 PM