SCOM Thresholds - How to export list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking to export the current list of thresholds set for rules and monitors for a specific Management Pack, the MP in question is for Citrix.NetScaler.

I have ran through the instructions on this article;

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e85c5cc-257f-4afb-ad62-48e3439daa3f/how-to-get-monitorrules-thresholds-values-in-scom-2012?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

And it does export all the different monitors and I even changed the line at the bottom from Get-SCOMMonitor to Get-SCOMRule so I could export the rules as well but for both outputs the Threshold column is blank for NetScalers.

I unfiltered it and I could see that some MPs were listing the thresholds albeit not a lot of them.

Is anyone able to advise on another way I can see these values? Even if it involves me manually going into the MP itself via SCOM console I dont mind, just don't know where to look. 

A script would be preferable but again I am willing to go in and manually look through the various monitors/rules.

Thanks in advance

Mick

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

>> I even changed the line at the bottom from Get-SCOMMonitor to Get-SCOMRule

Rule is different than monitor .

(Get-SCOMRule "elton-test-rule").DataSourceCollection.configuration

It is using expression to generate alert not "threshold " .

And , collection rule doesn't contain alert generation .

You may need to change part of that script .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, July 8, 2016 1:47 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 10:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>> I even changed the line at the bottom from Get-SCOMMonitor to Get-SCOMRule

Rule is different than monitor .

(Get-SCOMRule "elton-test-rule").DataSourceCollection.configuration

It is using expression to generate alert not "threshold " .

And , collection rule doesn't contain alert generation .

You may need to change part of that script .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, July 8, 2016 1:47 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2016 10:59 AM
  • Use MPViewer and create an Excel report. There you have all you need.

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/download/mp-viewer-for-operations-manager-2012-2/

Regards,

Natascia

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:44 AM