Trusted Locations Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Word document with a VSTO add in. When I use Word 2013 to open the document from the  SkyDrive location, I recieve the message below. In the Trust Center window in Word 2013 I have added the SkyDrive location to the Trusted Locations. In the Protected View selection of have unchecked all the boxes. Still the message pops ups.

However, on the same system, when I load the file from the same location using Word 2010. I do not receive any messge and the VSTO add-in works as expected.

Thanks

JC

• Edited by JCristofano Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:57 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:55 PM

Answers

• HI,

According to you description, you met a security issue in your click deployment. It seems you have get a certificate for your project.

Please try to following the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172241.aspxto see whether it can solve your issue. If it doesn’t work, please feel free to let me know.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, June 17, 2013 3:07 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 2:05 AM

All replies

• HI,

According to you description, you met a security issue in your click deployment. It seems you have get a certificate for your project.

Please try to following the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172241.aspxto see whether it can solve your issue. If it doesn’t work, please feel free to let me know.

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Monday, June 17, 2013 3:07 AM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 2:05 AM
  • I have tried a number of different settings from using a self-signed certificate, to not requiring a certificate at all. nothing changes.  

The VSTO add-in installs without a problem.

Also, if I open the file from a different location, then save it to the Sky Drive, everything works--until I close and reopen the application (A major security problem??)

Someting undocumented has changed between 2010 and 2013.

JC

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:57 AM