exchange address book RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list of external emails with EXT prefix. They are all in the GAL. I made an address book called External users. How do I move them out of the GAL and into this new book?

dave

• Edited by xloveusa Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:10 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:07 AM

Answers

• None of that web page works the formatting is wrong. There is always an error. I went into the management console. I'm trying to get address book "outside emails list" to be populated by people with "Ext - " in their contact/AD user. thanks

dave

• Marked as answer by xloveusa Monday, October 31, 2016 7:04 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi xloveusa,

Thank you for your question.

We could refer to the following steps to achieve it:

1. Create a custom attribute for “Ext” prefix contact
    2. Modify the existing GAL to exclude the new custom attribute which has been created in step 1
    3. Create a new address book with new custom attribute which has been created in steps 1

We could refer to the following link to learn more about address list:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997686(v=exchg.141).aspx

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 17, 2015 9:10 AM
  • None of that web page works the formatting is wrong. There is always an error. I went into the management console. I'm trying to get address book "outside emails list" to be populated by people with "Ext - " in their contact/AD user. thanks

dave

• Marked as answer by xloveusa Monday, October 31, 2016 7:04 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 1:59 AM