none
Dcom Errors 10010

Question

• Hello there, i'm using Windows 7 64 bit Home edition, noticed at event viewer these messages Below, nothing important everything works fine , i'm just wondering what is this, really can't understand so would like some help.

The Error Code is {F9717507-6651-4EDB-BFF7-AE615179BCCF} , did some research found out that this is connected with WinInetBrokerServer. Did some tests installed and Uninstalled Internet Explorer 10 and noticed WinInetBrokerServer disappeared when Internet Explorer was uninstalled. I still getting these errors from time to time and got no idea how to stop it need some help guys!

for some reason can't give u some pictures says that my account must be verified something like that.

• Edited by Rackdeath Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:24 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The reason of this error is WinInetBrokerServer did not register with DCOM within the required time-out period. There are two suggestions to solve this issue.

The first suggestion is to follow steps following to try to solve this issue:

1. Click Start, type dcomcnfg in the Run dialog box, and click Enter.
    2. In Component Services, double-click Component Services, and then click My Computer.
    3. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    4. Click the COM Security tab.
    5. In the Launch and Activation Permissions area, click Edit Default.
    6. Click Add, type NETWORK SERVICE in the window of Enter the object names to select, click Check Names in the right, and then click OK.
    7. In the window of Launch and Activation Permission, click NETWORK SERVICE to ensure it is selected, and then select Local Launch, Remote Launch, Local Activation and Remote Activation to allow the related permissions for NETWORK SERVICE in the checks box below.
    8. Click OK in the window of Launch and Activation Permission.
    9. Click OK in the window My Computer Properties.

The other suggestion is to check the permissions of HKCR\CLSID registry key, and the steps is as bellows:

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Run dialog box, and click Enter.
    2. Find HKCR\CLSID registry key
    3. Right-click the key, and click Permissions

Here is the link for reference.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/distributedservices/archive/2009/01/21/dcom-error-10010-in-the-event-logs-and-sluggish-server-performance.aspx

Hope this helps

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:11 AM
  • ok mate will check them out . just wonder how this happened didn't touched any of these things they just started from themselfs at 13/3/2013 :S
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:25 PM
  • ok tried the second option but everything seems to ok with the permissions on  {F9717507-6651-4EDB-BFF7-AE615179BCCF} so i didn't touched anything atm. also today 12/6/2013 got some Internet Explorer 10 Updateds wanna check out if the problem remains. if it does. i will go regedit  {F9717507-6651-4EDB-BFF7-AE615179BCCF} and remove the permision -> Restart Pc-> and click again permision -> restart pc may got bugged or something idk really. as i said above got no idea how this happened didn't touched any of these it started at 13/3/2013 same day that installed Internet Explorer 10 and some other updates from microsoft.

• Edited by Rackdeath Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:32 PM
  • i keep getting errors any ideas guys?  tried everything

found this (www.)bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488503/dllhost-oddities/ also noticed that KB2809289 (IE 9 security patch) failed to install at my computer too because Internet Explorer got installed the same day.

• Edited by Rackdeath Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:39 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:33 PM
  • I'm seeing the exact same error in Event Viewer every time I boot up the computer. Anyone have any other ideas? Is there a way to uninstall/reinstall WinInetBrokerServer somehow as in the typical Add/Remove features in Windows?
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:20 AM