BSOD during browsing (google maps) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a reproducable BSOD using windows 7 on a LG x110 mini laptop. The BSOD is reported as bad pool caller and occurs during browsing. Sometimes it happens when I try to open a webpage but i can reproduce it when I try to zoom on Google maps. When I press "zoom in" a view times the maps start to zoom in but then suddenly the BSOD occurs.

Anyone having the same issue?
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Sunday, July 26, 2009 5:25 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:53 AM

All replies

• To troubleshoot BSOD crash issues, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607

Thank you.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, July 27, 2009 9:05 AM
  • Ignore Sean Zhu's "Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum." , there is a lot of BSOD issues being fixed in these forums.

What exactly is the error message given at the BSOD? Also what crash dump files are listed? Post back what error codes and things are listed when you get the BSOD.

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

Click here for my thread on Win7 min. requirements
    - JoelbX
    Monday, July 27, 2009 8:18 PM
  • I have a reproducable BSOD using windows 7 on a LG x110 mini laptop. The BSOD is reported as bad pool caller and occurs during browsing. Sometimes it happens when I try to open a webpage but i can reproduce it when I try to zoom on Google maps. When I press "zoom in" a view times the maps start to zoom in but then suddenly the BSOD occurs.

Anyone having the same issue?
    Hi Gebla , A BOSD is Mostly caused by hardware errors, drivers or software trying to do something that the drivers are not allowed to do. first off make sure all your drivers are up to date and work with windows 7. second make sure your ram is OK by using the ram diagnostics tool that w7 came with on the disc: to do this boot off the DVD and run the Memory tool from the list(the reason i suggest ram is because Google maps/earth cashes everything with in your memory) and finally turn down the GFX settings in w7 and your web-browser and Google maps/earth as the laptop may not be able to handle the detail of Windows 7 and Google maps/earth as the original OS is was designed for is WinXP or you can run your web-browser in Compatibility mode under "Windows XP: SP3" with these settings:
    That way all the High Effects and Detail of w7 will be disabled and you can use your web-browser and Google maps/earth at ease or you can disable all of w7 effects and see if that helps...To do this Right-click your desktop and go to Personalize then scroll down and select "Windows Classic" from the themes list and that should make all your mini laptop run better and if all is good this should help. I hope it does :)

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech

My System:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:03 AM