SfB for Mac missing PBX extensions RRS feed

• Question

• My company is running SfB 2015 locally, with contact lookup done via web page (not downloaded locally). I, and several others, are running SfB for Mac version 16.13.184. It has been noted recently that other users' office numbers are no longer showing up in their contact information. If I click on them to call them the only options available are Skype call and Voicemail. Since we are fronting the SfB environment with Cisco Call Manager, this is becoming an issue. If they know the extension of the person they wish to call (5 digit dialing) it immediately goes to a busy and the call fails. If they enter the 10 digit number of the person they want to call, the call goes through.

This problem does not affect either Windows SfB clients or mobile clients. I can dial 5 digits without any problems and if I click on a contacts' phone icon I have the choice of calling them on Skype or their office number. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy_McCarthy,

To further troubleshoot the issue, please confirm the following information.

1. If you set your account in another Mac, does the issue persist?

2. Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

Please refer to the following steps to clean the SFB cache .

1. Log out and quit Skype for Business.
    2. Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/library > delete the following files:
        • Containters > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness
        • Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
        • Logs > LwaTracing
        • Saved Application State > com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState
        • Preferences > com.microsoft.skypeforbusiness.plugin.plist
        1. Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities folder.
    • Delete all keychains starting with Skype For Business.

Note: You may have to unlock your keychain by using your password.

if clean cache doesnot work please try to use Lync 2011 on Macwhether the issue was missing?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36517

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:51 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Thanks for the reply. Here are my answers:

1. The issue persists across Mac systems.

2. Other users in the organization have the same problem.

3. I went through the clean cache steps that you laid out. While it still does not list a contacts phone extension, I am able to dial that users 5-digit extension and have the call go through.

4. Lync 2011 for Mac does give me both options, however since it does not support the latest authentication methods that is not really an option for us.

This fixes half of the problem we are currently having. Any thoughts as to why the contacts are not being populated with a user's extension?

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:15 PM
  • Hi Jeremy_McCarthy,

If you install the Mac client version: 16.13.184,please check the Skype for Business Server 2015 Cumulative Update version 9319.272 or higher. Lync Server 2013 customers should consider upgrading their installation to Skype for Business Server 2015, or downloading the latest Lync Server 2013 Cumulative Update version 8308.974 or higher. 

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:54 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:55 AM
  • Testing the last few days, I have seen the problem of not being able to dial an internal extension return. Going through the clean cache fixes the problem temporarily, but it soon returns. While the solution is helpful, it is not a fix.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:07 PM
  • Hi Jeremy_McCarthy,

If you clean the client cache ,the problem is missing temporarily ,based on my research , the problem may cause by the third part software conflict ,please use a clean environment just install the SFB mac client.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 12, 2018 3:13 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 8:19 AM