CPU usage by vista RRS feed

• Question

• After installing vista RC1/32 bit, it runs fine for a lil while then suddenly my starts to stutter somehow. Mouse pointer is moving wierd over the screen. Ok to the subject now. After looking in taskmanager i see that the cpu usage is between 60 and 100%.. Checking for the process that is causing it, i cant find any wierd or abnormal high usage by any of the processes running at that time. Like i said first it runs fine and then suddenly after a minute or so it starts to use all the resource of my cpu? Its not by one program or process, even if i dont have anything running its acting like that..Anyone noticed this to and did you find the solution?

I got a intel p4 3.0 ghz HT processor

2 gig memory

160 gig SATA HD

ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256 mb vidcard <------ updated drivers so it will work..

SB XFi platinum <----- updated drivers so it will work..

Anyone that can help please?

Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:50 AM

Answers

• Solved it, dont know how but i put the thing in to sleep mode and when it woke up it was perfect and has been ok ever since
    Monday, September 18, 2006 4:00 AM

All replies

• I am experiencing similar problems, i thought it could be a driver problem with my wifi card (see my post in the networking section). Be interested to know a solution also.

Cheers, Ben

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:05 AM
  •  mrwho wrote:

I am experiencing similar problems, i thought it could be a driver problem with my wifi card (see my post in the networking section). Be interested to know a solution also.

Cheers, Ben

Well Ben, i dont have a wifi card in my computer so it can be that imo. And in the beginning after a restart of the computer it works fine for a minute or so and then it starts.. You have that same problem?

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:07 AM
  •  mrwho wrote:

I am experiencing similar problems, i thought it could be a driver problem with my wifi card (see my post in the networking section). Be interested to know a solution also.

Cheers, Ben

Well Ben, i dont have a wifi card in my computer so it cant be that imo. And in the beginning after a restart of the computer it works fine for a minute or so and then it starts.. You have that same problem?

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:08 AM
  •  mrwho wrote:

Cheers, Ben

Well Ben, i dont have a wifi card in my computer so it cant be that imo. And in the beginning after a restart of the computer it works fine for a minute or so and then it starts..

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:08 AM
  •  Universal wrote:
     mrwho wrote:

Cheers, Ben

Well Ben, i dont have a wifi card in my computer so it can be that imo. And in the beginning after a restart of the computer it works fine for a minute or so and then it starts.. You have that same problem?

I think i must be having the same problems, system runs fine for a few mins then appears to stop responding. I only assumed it was the wifi as i had just installed it.

Just been reading through another post about windows using alot of cpu time when its idle. Do we think this could be causing the problem?

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:16 AM
  •  mrwho wrote:
     Universal wrote:
     mrwho wrote:

Cheers, Ben

I think i must be having the same problems, system runs fine for a few mins then appears to stop responding. I only assumed it was the wifi as i had just installed it.

Just been reading through another post about windows using alot of cpu time when its idle. Do we think this could be causing the problem?

If it was the idle thing, then why is it doing it all the time? And it didnt show in the processes in taskmanager. I didnt see the idle time in there.. Thats whats wierd to it seemed to be gone or disappeared. but anyway it doesnt show or say that its the idle part you are mentioning. At least not by mine computer. Its just there and it doesnt show why.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:45 AM
  •  mrwho wrote:
     Universal wrote:
     mrwho wrote:

Cheers, Ben

Ohh and where did u read that post? i cant find it... maybe there is an answer in there i dont know but still i wanna try anything to get it solved.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 3:01 AM
  • search for memory usage. I am going to have another go at solving this in the morning. I'll post my findings

Sunday, September 17, 2006 3:27 AM
  • Anyone else that has this problem? Otherwise i have to reformat my HD and install XP Pro again. Then its a pitty but i have to say the RC1 is not suitable for everyone..
    Monday, September 18, 2006 3:56 AM
  • Solved it, dont know how but i put the thing in to sleep mode and when it woke up it was perfect and has been ok ever since
    Monday, September 18, 2006 4:00 AM