Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win 7 64Bit on notebook.  Every time I do a file or folder search of my "C" drive, I receive a window titled: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library with an circled x in the top left corner of the text followed by: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."

There is no apparent way to determine what application is being referred, continuing results in all windows being closed.

• Moved by Helen Zhao Monday, November 7, 2011 9:05 AM (From:Visual C++ Express Edition)
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 1:18 PM

Answers

• There are a bunch of things to try. If you have any antivirus software turn it off or remove it completely, preferably the latter. If that doesn't solve your problem, I'd start uninstalling applications, particularly any recent ones. Your last ditch resort is, of course, to re-install the operating system.

By the way, none of this has anything to do with the subject of this forum, Visual C++ Express edition. A better place to post questions like this is in Microsoft Answers.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am moving this thread to the "Off-Topic Posts", since the issue has little relationship with Visual C++.
    I suggest you go to Windows Answer for better support. Here is the link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards,

Helen Zhao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:04 AM

All replies

• There are a bunch of things to try. If you have any antivirus software turn it off or remove it completely, preferably the latter. If that doesn't solve your problem, I'd start uninstalling applications, particularly any recent ones. Your last ditch resort is, of course, to re-install the operating system.

By the way, none of this has anything to do with the subject of this forum, Visual C++ Express edition. A better place to post questions like this is in Microsoft Answers.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am moving this thread to the "Off-Topic Posts", since the issue has little relationship with Visual C++.
    I suggest you go to Windows Answer for better support. Here is the link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Best regards,

Helen Zhao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:04 AM