Error in SRSRP.LOG RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone experienced the following error messages in the srsrp.log?

STATMSG: ID=7404 - SRS is not installed or properly configured on SRS Reporting point server
    STATMSG: ID=7403 - SMS SRS web service is not running on SRS Reporting point server

I am running SCCM 2007 SP1 R2 on Server 2008 Standard x64/SQL 2008 Standard x64. I was originally receiving 7404 error message and found Hotfix KB957576 to resolve the issue. After the hotfix installation, I am now receiving 7403 error messages. I am not having any issues that I am aware of with Reporting Services within SCCM. I am receiving the same problem on 2 servers. If I remove the hotfix, the 7404 error message returns.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:17 PM

Answers

• (Apologies for proposing the above post as an answer)

Upon applying the Hotfix to resolve the false status message id: 7404. I began to receive 7403 - despite the error I'm still able to access both reports therefore after weeks of troubleshooting, I posted the question and it has been confirmed it is a false status message id which can be ignored.

Therefore I have created a filter to suppress the message id from the failing component. So suggest the same whilst the hotfix is made available.

I'm told Microsoft are aware and are working on a bug fix which will be released with SP2.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 1:02 PM

All replies

• In reference to message ID 7403, I can't be of much help on getting rid of the errors. I suspect it is being logged because SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 no longer relies on IIS so there is no "web service" to be running, but SCCM 2007 R2 is still looking for the site, or virtual directory within IIS.

Can someone from Microsoft confirm this and please advise if another hotfix will be available to address this issue? I just hate seeing a red "X" and getting in the habit of ignoring it and potentially letting a real problem slip by.
    • Edited by Jason Ogle Saturday, May 9, 2009 1:22 AM Added clarification that I'm only writing about 7403 message ID
    • Proposed as answer by B.Trehan-Young Friday, June 19, 2009 12:52 PM
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 1:16 AM
  • (Apologies for proposing the above post as an answer)

Upon applying the Hotfix to resolve the false status message id: 7404. I began to receive 7403 - despite the error I'm still able to access both reports therefore after weeks of troubleshooting, I posted the question and it has been confirmed it is a false status message id which can be ignored.

Therefore I have created a filter to suppress the message id from the failing component. So suggest the same whilst the hotfix is made available.

I'm told Microsoft are aware and are working on a bug fix which will be released with SP2.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 1:02 PM
  • what B Trehan-Young mentioned above is indeed correct. It is a false message and the fix will be available in the upcoming SP2 release.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same error message event id 7403 but I have now applied SP2 and still get the error message.

Is there a way suppress the alert? Also is anyone else getting the error post SP2?

Mike
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:33 AM
  • Hello, I am receiving the same error. My situation is exactly as described above. I was receiving both 7404 and 7403 error messages until I installed the SQL hot fix. After that the 7404 errors went away. I have since upgraded my ConfigMgr server to SP2, and I am still receiving the 7403 error.

The reporting service works perfectly fine, the only problem is the perpetual red "X" in my Site System Status because of all the 7403 errors being thrown (once an hour no less). Does anyone have a fix for this?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:48 PM