none
Progress Indication RRS feed

• Question

• I have entered % complete for sub tasks and the % complete wont show up in the summary task although it has calculated and shows the numerical % complete for the summary taks. It just wont show it.

I have set the format bar styles to blank so it should show for all tasks correct?

Any advice?

MS Project 2003

Cheers

Rodger

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Rodger, which view are you using, have you tried the tracking Gantt?

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Friday, September 7, 2012 8:40 AM
  • I was on the Gantt Chart and changed it to tracking Gantt which did show the progress on the summary tasks.

Cheers

Can progress be shown in the Gant as well? or do I need to be in Tracking Gant to show the summary tasks?

Cheers

Rodger

Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Hi Roger, each View can have different information on the gantt charts as you have discovered, and you can modify these as you wish.  On the tracking gantt view, click on the format tab, then format, then bar styles, (or if using Project 2007 use Format | Bar Styles).  Look at the Bar Style called Summary Progress - this displays the summary progress! and it will need to be added to your Gantt chart.  Then look at the Bar Style called summary, and view the text tab - you'll see that the %complete value is displayed.   Create/amend these bar styles for the Gantt Chart view.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Monday, September 10, 2012 6:09 AM