Perfmon .net 4.0 memory counter problem RRS feed

• Question

•  

I work as a troubleshooter / administrator in a large company and part of my work has been to develop monitoringtools inorder to give us better overview of our server farm.

I have spent a great deal of time setting up a working perfmon solution with SQL and all the logic needed to generate detailed reports.  However I just ran into a small snag when one of our developers asked me to add counters that could help him identify memory leaks in .net 4 applications.

I add .NET CLR Memory – “Bytes in all heaps” counter (which should be perfect for this purpose), but the problem is that perfmon can’t seem to locate the processes I am looking for. I am starting to suspect that the perfmon version running on 2003 server might have trouble identifying .NET 4.0 processes, but I am really out of my depth here.

I coaxed one of our developers into running one of the applications on his windows 7 computer, and then check perfmon locally. He was able to locate the process and everything was dandy.

The difference is that I am using perfmon on 2003 server where the application in question has been started from within a Softgrid bouble running on the server. The client starts the application over ICA .

Any ideas?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies