none
How to get back my deleted excel files after disk cleanup? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I have done disk cleanup to delete some old files on my computer. However, unfortunately, a bunch of important excel files are among then. And now, I want to restore them. Is it possible? How could I do to get these excel files back? Any help would be appreciated.

Saturday, June 8, 2013 5:27 AM

Answers

• HI,

This forum is dedicate to System Center Data Protection Manager.  There are some freeware utilities to undelete files. Bing it and see what you can find.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 8, 2013 2:48 PM
  • Don’t you have a data backup?

In this case, data backup is really important for one to get back all his needed data. Therefore, after experiencing this trouble, you should always learn to make data backups all the time.

But, right now, stop using this computer in case that any work would overwritten your needed excel files.

Opt for data recovery software online to restore your data. In fact, as long as you’ve not overwritten them, you do have chances to get them all back at the aid of data recovery software.

If you really doubt, simply get some free drive data recovery programs at first, such as Recuca, PC Inspector File Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free... Even though they are free ones online, they really work efficiently and are often recommended online.

Do not save your retrieved files on the same computer drive in case of data loss.

Remember to back up all your data from now on in case of similar troubles.

• Marked as answer by Patterson5424 Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:22 AM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:26 AM

All replies

• HI,

This forum is dedicate to System Center Data Protection Manager.  There are some freeware utilities to undelete files. Bing it and see what you can find.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, June 8, 2013 2:48 PM

In this case, data backup is really important for one to get back all his needed data. Therefore, after experiencing this trouble, you should always learn to make data backups all the time.

But, right now, stop using this computer in case that any work would overwritten your needed excel files.

Opt for data recovery software online to restore your data. In fact, as long as you’ve not overwritten them, you do have chances to get them all back at the aid of data recovery software.

If you really doubt, simply get some free drive data recovery programs at first, such as Recuca, PC Inspector File Recovery, iCare Data Recovery Free... Even though they are free ones online, they really work efficiently and are often recommended online.

Do not save your retrieved files on the same computer drive in case of data loss.

• Marked as answer by Patterson5424 Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:22 AM
    Sunday, June 9, 2013 5:26 AM

I am sorry! I have forgotten to inform you the result.

Thank you for your nice help.

In fact, I have no a data backup. But, after reading your answer, I have tried to back up my needed data as possible as I can. Thank you for your advice.

Now, I have restored all of my data back with the help of your recommended free drive data recovery programs, especially the third one.

Thank you very much!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:26 AM
  • hello

there is many products you can use to find lost data, the one I found useful was from enigma recovery I found it on google, cheap and reliable. it may be worth having a look .

I hope you get your problem sorted

regards  derek

Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:53 PM
  • You should learn an impressive lesson to back up all your important data on different drives or locations next time.

In fact, a couple of days ago, I also had the same data recovery problem for my carelessness. But, luckily, I had found some data recovery tools to help me:

http://www.geeksdo.com/freeware/data-recovery.html

http://www.4cardrecovery.com/

Now, I have restored all my wanted data back as I wish.

So, I hope my experiences will also give you some clues.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 1:37 AM