none
Assigned Access (Windows 10 1803) breaking RRS feed

• Question

• Using Assigned Access for Microsoft Dynamics Retail POS application for a local User POS user account.  Was working - with POS User account would logon and launch the POS UWP application. 

Our developer passed us an updated Dynamics 365 MPOS Retail install with some fixes - after installing the package Assigned Access no longer works. 

1. I can clear Assigned with Powershell
    2. logon as the POS account
    3. launch the Retail Application - OK

I re-setup Assigned Access with the Dynamics 365 UWP or any other built-in UWP application but Assigned Access isn't working.  The credentials are entered and then I'm bounced back to a Lock Screen.  I'm not seeing any logs in Assigned Access Logs that are from today.  I don't see any errors in the Application/System/Security Log that point to the issue.  (I have seen in the past where Assigned Access was pointing to an app that was no longer provisioned but I'm not seeing anything during this upgrade).  I've rolled back to previous versions of the MPOS application no luck.  If I could get some logs I bet I could resolve - I've turned the Logging on for the Assigned Access > Operation and increased size - not seeing anything.  I'm working with my second out of 4 test machines exhibiting this issue.  Have not been able to resolve.

I don't want to switch off of Assigned Access because some of our earlier MPOS Dynamics 365 deployments had issues because the POS User was able to perform actions outside of the Dynamics MPOS UWP app which caused issues with the MPOS and opened up security concerns.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you forced the "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" gpo? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, Applications and Services\Microsoft\Windows\Apps)?

If you just want to switch the user, we should choose "Switch user" after we pressed "Ctrl+Alt+Delete".

If you want to remove the assigned access for the user, we should restart the machine then login with an administrator account then remove the configuration here.

Settings\Accounts\Other people\Set up assigned access

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:52 AM
  • Can you share the OS build/version? Since 1803 (and 1809), you can go to Event Viewer, Application and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, AssignedAccess, right click on Operational and select "Enable Logs", then try to apply Assigned Access again (e.g. powershell set-assigned access), you should be able to find some logs under Operational, and please share the logs/errors here. 
    Monday, October 29, 2018 7:44 PM