none
Project 2013 Task Path Highlight bug RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project 2013 and although following the Help instruction, I'm unable to show the Task Path Highlight function new of Project2013.

Has anyone experienced the same bug ?

If I create a new empty project file, it'works.

With an imported Project 2010 mpp it doesn't works.

I've also tried to select Timeline or details but the bug is the same.

Any help ?

Thanks

Massimo

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:37 PM

All replies

• Are you clicking on in the table on a row(task name) for which you want to view the task highlight path? It works for both plan - created in 2013 or 2010.

You can refer further at - http://blogs.office.com/2012/09/26/introducing-task-path/

Sapna Shukla

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:56 PM
  • You mention that it doesn't work with Project 2010 files that you have "imported".  Project 2010 files do not need to be imported into Project 2013 - just opened.  How did you import the file?

The Task Path Highlight function works by changing the color of the task bars in the Gantt chart view.  Does you Gantt chart view have any custom coloring applied?  Critical path, for example?

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:57 PM
  • Massimo --

I can confirm what Julie is saying about custom colors applied to the Gantt bars in the Gantt Chart view.  If you have the Critical Tasks checkbox selected in the Format ribbon, then the Task Path feature does not work properly on any task formatted in red.  What I recommend you do is to deselect the Critical Tasks checkbox before you attempt to use the Task Path feature.  After you finish analyzing the task path of selected tasks, then reselect the Critical Tasks checkbox.

By the way, I am not sure whether this problem is a bug or a design oversight, but it is definitely annoying in either case.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:29 PM