none
SCDPM 2010 - Fail to synchronize protection group member RRS feed

• Question

• we have a protection group to take backup of dns data on a externally accessible dns server. the protection group simple copies some exported registry keys for the DNS role and also the dns data location which is shown in the below error details of the failed job.

this protection group is able to run this same exact job on another dns server. I am not sure why this is happening, can someone please help?

Type: Synchronization
    Description: DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{1aef1d28-b99b-11e0-89d5-806e6f6e6963}\Windows\System32\dns\xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.dns.temp on DOMINION02.xxxxxxx (ID 2033 Details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057))
     More information
    End time: 29/04/2015 1:18:52 p.m.
    Start time: 29/04/2015 1:18:38 p.m.
    Time elapsed: 00:00:13
    Data transferred: 0 MB
    Cluster node -
    Source details: C:\
    Protection group members: 2
     Details
    Protection group: DNS

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you receive any errors in the eventlog on the production server when you try to run the backup?

Please try to remove the server from the protection group, but retain your data, then add it again.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:00 PM

All replies

• seriously, no one is going to help?
    Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:36 PM
  • Hi,

Do you receive any errors in the eventlog on the production server when you try to run the backup?

Please try to remove the server from the protection group, but retain your data, then add it again.

Kind Regards
    Markus Eliasson

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:00 PM
  • Thanks Markus,

I have just tried removing the protection members from the group and then re adding them and it is currently doing its consistency check. will see how that goes.

hasn't been anything relating to the issue on the protected servers event logs that I can see

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

Were you been able to succesfully create any recovery points for the DNS-server?

//Markus

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:40 AM
  • weekly backups and further recovery point seem to be working correctly now. thanks.
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:39 PM