Problem Sequencing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (x64) w/MDOP Sequencer 4.6 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I've managed to sequence Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (x64) w/MDOP Sequencer 4.6 SP1 and it appears that most everything works great except Word. Word on opening will complain that an error occurred and the feature is no longer available. It continues to want me to run repair. Once you close the warning Word opens and seems to function. I'm confused I have repeated the full process 5-6 times from the beginning, I tried repairing both on right after the install process before packaging and through the modify package process, I've tried to sequence Word by itself and I keep getting the same error and it is only Word with this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Leo

Friday, July 15, 2011 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you following the Microsoft sequencing guide? How are you installing Office (what steps are you following) during sequencing?

What OS are you sequencing on?

Does the sequencing VM have other applications installed before sequencing?

What OS are you executing the package on?

Does that client OS have other Office versions installed?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:16 PM
  • All my answers are underlined.

Are you following the Microsoft sequencing guide? I am following the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

How are you installing Office (what steps are you following) during sequencing? I have tried to full install and component install, Like I stated earlier everything seems ti be working great except Word and it sends the error on the opening but then appears to be working fine once you pass the error.

What OS are you sequencing on?  Win 7 with all updates.

Does the sequencing VM have other applications installed before sequencing? Only what is required for the sequencing. Sequencer 4.6 SP1 and Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V.

What OS are you executing the package on? Win 7 with all updates. The error also happens on the sequencing machine when I open Word during the Sequencing phase.

Does that client OS have other Office versions installed? No

Leo Alls
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Hello,

See the Sequencing Whitepaper for general guidelines;

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/7/8/F784A197-73BE-48FF-83DA-4102C05A6D44/App-V/App-V%204.6%20Service%20Pack%201%20Sequencing%20Guide.docx

The error you are vaguely describing often happens when you disregard the details in the sequencing whitepaper

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Monday, February 27, 2012 10:02 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:39 AM