Windows Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have just purchased an 8 Gb SDHC memory card.  I have gone to copy some pictures onto this card and it will not work in my machine, nothing happens.  Is it compatible with Windows Vista?  Am I doing something wrong? There is a little plastic piece on the Left hand side of the card which moves up or down if pushed.  What is this?  Should I be moving it at all?  Any suggestions welcome.
    Friday, November 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Answers

• the plastic piece on the left should be the write locker, it prevents files from being written to or changed on the card. try moving it both ways and trying to paste your files.if the lock is turned on, it should sy access denied or something.

try formatting the card first and then try copying your files again.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, November 15, 2010 12:47 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Please make sure you have obtained the latest update for Windows Vista. Refer to the following artical:

Availability of the Windows Vista Secure Digital (SD) rollup package

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:22 AM

All replies

• the plastic piece on the left should be the write locker, it prevents files from being written to or changed on the card. try moving it both ways and trying to paste your files.if the lock is turned on, it should sy access denied or something.

try formatting the card first and then try copying your files again.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, November 15, 2010 12:47 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting!

Please make sure you have obtained the latest update for Windows Vista. Refer to the following artical:

Availability of the Windows Vista Secure Digital (SD) rollup package

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, November 15, 2010 8:22 AM