IE 10 installation log RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is there a way I can find out

1) the date IE 10 installed on a windows 7

2) Was IE 10 manually installed or pushed down by GPO?

I searched google reliously and I could not find any answer, thanks.

Thang Mo

Monday, July 8, 2013 3:53 PM

All replies

• I know I can view the updates in View Installed Updates to get the date of the IE 10 update, but I really need to find out if this is a GPO, manually, or who installed the updates.

I have WSUS declined IE 10 update but a couple PC got IE 10 installed, this puzzle me because users cannot install IE 10 unless my tech actually install it with local administrator account. thanks.

Thang Mo

Monday, July 8, 2013 5:55 PM
  • 1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the Windows Update icon.

2. Check for new Windows Updates. If not already installed, select Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7, click on OK and Install updates.

Internet Explorer 10 - Install or Uninstall in Windows 7-ie10_windows_update-1.jpg

3. When Windows Update is finished, you will need to restart the computer to finish installing IE10.

for more detail::

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/282216-internet-explorer-10-install-uninstall-windows-7-a.html

love is rock!!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

You can check the IE 10 installation log which locate C:\Windows for more details. It may be can help you get to know how IE 10 was installed.

The log name is IE10_main.log.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 8:44 AM