My computer can not boot! What to do about it?? RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to boot the computer I get the same message as others on the screen: "An error has occured in the hard disk. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del to reboot the computer. But when doing so the same message appears again and again and again!!! My hard disk is SATA 2, Vendor is ST3500418AS. It is impossible even to reinstall the operating system on the computer, I only got a message that I must point out the driver routine of the harddisk and I cant do that. It is also impossible to restore the system to an earlier point before I got the error message above and it is also impossible using start reparation. Please help me if anyone can! To leave it to a computer repairer costs a lot of money and as it is now I cant use the computer at all!!!!!!!! My operating system is Windows 7.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:52 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Setup)
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:13 PM

All replies

• First you are asking in Vista goup, not Windows 7.

What you need to do is get a Windows 7 or Vista DVD. Boot from the DVD, Choose Commnd Prompt and type

chkdsk c:\ /r

--
    --
    "Sananose" wrote in message news:4879427b-4c02-4210-ab7b-f1e599936e91...

When trying to boot the computer I get the same message as others on the screen: "An error has occured in the hard disk. Press Alt+Ctrl+Del to reboot the computer. But when doing so the same message appears again and again and again!!! My hard disk is SATA 2, Vendor is ST3500418AS. It is impossible even to reinstall the operating system on the computer, I only got a message that I must point out the driver routine of the harddisk and I cant do that. It is also impossible to restore the system to an earlier point before I got the error message above and it is also impossible using start reparation. Please help me if anyone can! To leave it to a computer repairer costs a lot of money and as it is now I cant use the computer at all!!!!!!!! My operating system is Windows 7.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Thank you so much for your answer!!!! I am very glad someone answered my question!!!!! And I apologize if I put my question in the wrong forum, I hope you can forgive me!!!!

Kjell Svensson.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:46 AM