none
UAG - File Access Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble getting File Access to work. I've managed to get my UAG box configured such that I can see my network when I click Network on the Start menu and when I go to File Access on the Admin menu I'm able to select domains, servers, and shares, so that all appears to be configured correctly. I've also created a File Access application in my trunk.

However, when I log in to the UAG portal (and I've tried this with both smart card and non-smart card authentication, same results) and click the File Access link I get the following error:

You have attempted to access a restricted URL.
    The URL contains an invalid path

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:14 AM

Answers

• From memory, you cannot use KCD with File Access, so I'm not sure of a solution :(
    Jason Jones | Forefront MVP | Silversands Ltd
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:53 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Do you get any specific errors in the Web Monitor security event logs?

Cheers

JJ
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:43 AM
  • As matter of fact I do. I get a Warning with an ID of 67:

A request from source IP address 24.xxx.xxx.xxx on trunk exchange; Secure=1 for application Remote Desktop Services of type TerminalServicesGateway failed. The URL /filesharing/ contains an illegal path. The rule applied is Default rule. The method is GET

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:58 AM
  • Ah, are you trying to use both file services and RDS on the same backend server?

Looking at your error, it appears to be associating your file access requests with the Remote Desktop Services application and hence applying the incorrect URL filtering...

Re-ordering the application list may help...

Cheers

JJ
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:35 PM
  • Thanks Jason, I"m now further along and it looks like I'm hitting another problem.

I took your advice on reordering the application list, putting the File Access application just below the Portal and moving the two RDP applications to the bottom of the list. When I did so, I got a different error in the portal and in the Web Monitor Security log.

Portal Error:

You do not have permissions to view this folder or page.

Web Monitor Security log:

ID - 24

Description:

The request from user domain.com\user at source IP address 24.xxx.xxx.xxx to trunk exchange; Secure=1 failed because the request was unable to reply to an HTTP 401 request from application File Access of type FileAccess. The session ID is 6A0503EF-69AF-42DC-9687-4DD4ED39A3A1

After some poking around it now appears that my File Access problem is related to the fact that I'm authenticating to the portal by using a smart card. When I remove the custom .INC files and change back to a simple user name and password, File Access is working.

Any ideas on how I can get File Access working while still authenticating to the portal with a smart card?

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:11 AM
  • From memory, you cannot use KCD with File Access, so I'm not sure of a solution :(
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:53 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:52 AM