Documentation and Licensing guidelines for Multi Tenancy RRS feed

• Question

• I can't seem to find much information about Lync Multi Tenanting anywhere. Ideally I'd like a document outlining the installtion, explaining how to make a group os users into a seperate tenant, and describing the licensing model.

Does such a document exist?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

there's no proper way to deploy Lync Server to support "Multi Tennents" at the moment. Once you deploy the server based on your domain, bacically all the users in domain can be enabled to Lync server and there's no proper method to block cummunication based on the OU. What i see is that it's not designed to work on Multi tenant.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, December 30, 2011 9:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:04 PM
  • I thought this was coming in CU4? What does the groupingis field do in AD?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:19 PM
  • H,Tomcotton,

Unfortunately,there is still no document for Multi-tenant for Lync,but I have heard it will be,just not sure the release time.

Regards

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    • Proposed as answer by Adminiuga Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, January 3, 2012 5:43 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by tomcotton Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:59 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Thanks
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:21 PM
  • Is there any documentation on the grouping id field in AD?
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:42 AM
  • Looks like there is a download available for Lync Server 2010 Enterprise MultiTenant Pack for Partner Hosting. Anyone know when the docs will be released?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by tomcotton Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:36 AM
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:36 AM