Insert from scanner in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

This seems to have been an active topic and has hit me as I use this at school with the students. The setting up of a Macro seems a lot of hassle and these things tend to go missing when we log off. Have you tried pressing Alt+IPS? This brings up a box for me to import from camera or scanner if one is attatched.

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Monday, November 8, 2010 6:12 PM (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    • Moved by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:56 AM (From:Office 2007 Application Compatibility)
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:30 PM

All replies

• Woops, moved this to the wrong forum by accident, but I hope you guys can put this in the right one.  Thanks!

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Monday, November 8, 2010 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

Actually, I don't understand your meaning totally. Do you mean that you want a macro can import from scanner or your script for this function has some errors?

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:32 AM
  • Using a macro that has been written for you with instructions how to deploy it hardly seems a hassle, but yes you can use ALT+IPS if you prefer.
    If things 'go missing' when you log off, that suggests over zealous action by support staff to save them work at your expense. Personal setup files are personal and should not be subject to arbitrary removal.

<Shavings> wrote in message news:48817221-efda-4a71-978e-62570a9211a6@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi All

This seems to have been an active topic and has hit me as I use this at school with the students. The setting up of a Macro seems a lot of hassle and these things tend to go missing when we log off. Have you tried pressing Alt+IPS? This brings up a box for me to import from camera or scanner if one is attatched.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 7:09 AM
  • Hi Jennifer

No I do not want a macro. I just wanted Word 2010 to import from a scanner like Word 2003. We used this function with students and missed it when we upgraded to 2010. The Alt+IPS gives this function back without having to alter our profiles. To get our tech support to apply a macro for this is a big ask for all student profiles or on lots of machines.  

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:45 PM
  • YOU ARE ALL DARN RIGHT.  This IS a huge set back. Why oh why would they do this. I use (or used to) the scan-direct all the time. Thankfully, I still have 2007.  NO..I DO NOT WANT TO SET UP MACROS.  They are a hassle and YES, this certainly is a step back. In fact, I have been using Word 2010 on a trial basis and may not buy it because of this.  I find the whole program a hassle to begin with having to switch back and forth from 'HOME' to 'REVEIW" etc.

Geesh. 

Karen

Oh and by the way....I am a Journalist, so I need and use (used to) the direct scan function literally all the time. Now I am having to scan black and white docs and pics attached to them, using Lexmark and I do not appreciate having to open Lexmark and running through my pics all the time, when before, all I did was open my file.  What gives?
    • Edited by KGMAX Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:51 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:33 AM
  • So currently there is no method other than creating a macro to scan a document into word 2010.  Has this been addressed to Microsoft Development?  I just upgraded all of my computers to office 2010 from 2007 and I am sorely disappointed.  
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 4:23 PM