Workflow kicking in and changing set Assigned To RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,
    We have been using SCSM 2012 R2 U6 for a year and all workflows have been working correctly.
    Two weeks ago Incidents started getting re-assigned to the default (the Service Desk group) even after an analyst will grab the ticket and assign it to himself. As you can see from the History in the ticket the analyst created and assigned the ticket at 7:17 am and at 7:20 the workflow set it to the Default. This has also happened with tickets that analysts grab from the Q. No changes have been made to the workflow.

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:01 PM

Answers

• What happend in the activity before? "DeemJ" modified the Incident 7:20:39 AM.

Could this be the reason a workflow kicked in and applied an incident template?

Or maybe an incomiing email processed by the Exchange connector applied an incident tamplte (on update)?

You also should check in SCSM console/Administration/Workflows/Status if an incident related workflow started at the time you see the update by the user "SVC-SCSM-WKFL".

Are you running Orchestrator in your environment? Maybe a runbook executed in the context of "SVC-SCSM-WKFL is responsible for the update?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by kbruster Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Any related events in your management server? Have you updated something in your management group two weeks before? Whether the issue only happen to specific user or specific workitem?

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:49 AM
  • What happend in the activity before? "DeemJ" modified the Incident 7:20:39 AM.

Could this be the reason a workflow kicked in and applied an incident template?

Or maybe an incomiing email processed by the Exchange connector applied an incident tamplte (on update)?

You also should check in SCSM console/Administration/Workflows/Status if an incident related workflow started at the time you see the update by the user "SVC-SCSM-WKFL".

Are you running Orchestrator in your environment? Maybe a runbook executed in the context of "SVC-SCSM-WKFL is responsible for the update?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by kbruster Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:15 PM
  • Good morning,

I looked at the event logs but there is nothing unusual. We have as of yet not turned on the Exchange connector and are presently using Runbooks to do our email notifications.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Andreas,
    I went in and checked the Workflow Status logs and found more and more incidents with this workflow flip. We are getting ready to switch on the Exchange connector, and turn off our Notification Runbooks. I have been creating Notification templates but no workflows to automatically set Incidents to our default support group. The only place that is set is in the Administration\Settings\Incident Settings.
    I have disabled all notifications and subscriptions for Incidents. 
    I found the log for the specific ticket, looks like maybe it applied the default template to it. But don't know why it would. All it should do is read the information and send an email.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Andreas,
    I want to thank you for pointing me in the direction of the activity log. I found where the workflow was causing the flip.

Karen

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:29 PM