Windows crashs and shuts down 4 05 times a day. RRS feed

• Question

• When I am using my Chrome or I Explorer browsers stop and Windows trys to fix the problem and then has to should down the system.  I have tried many things including Microsoft Fix-It but I can no longer use my browsers.
    Saturday, March 2, 2013 11:33 AM

All replies

• Try the following-

1. Try resetting Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options. Select the Advanced tab and click Reset button. Confirm the reset operation.

If this fixes your issue, enable your browser add-ons (Tools > Manage Add-ons) one by one. If you encounter a hang after enabling a specific add-on, just disable it and enable the rest. Otherwise continue to Step 2.

2. Try using Clean Boot. If doing a clean boot fixes your issue, narrow down what causes it.

For more information about Clean Boot, how to use it and how to find out what is causing problems, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135.

3. If the above does not fix your issue, you can try using System Restore.

4. Finally, you can also using System File Checker utility. Open a command prompt with administrative privileges (Click Start Orb > type Command Prompt in search > right-click Command Prompt from search results and select Run as Administrator). 

Now type the following command and let it complete.

sfc /scannow

5. If you are using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, you can try upgrading to a newer version if you want.

You can also try a virus scan. Or do a repair install from your Windows disc.

If you want to use Google Chrome only, then you can try points 2, 3 and 4 above (as they are system-wide and not browser-specific) and can even try to remove Chrome completely (along with browsing data) and re-install it.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:11 AM
  • We need more details.

* How long have you had this problem?
    * What security programs are you running?
    * Have you a current System Restore point made?

* Have you checked in Event Viewer?
    Type eventvwr in search.
    Go to the Windows Logs > Application / System > in the left hand column.
    Note anything in red that relates to the Browser problem.
    Please record the Event ID, and the Source Code and Google for results.

Note - Browser add-ons, toolbars, malware & restricted sites etc may cause browser crashes.

Dyami & Wanikiya ...Team ZigZag.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:16 AM