Aero Animation RRS feed

• General discussion

• I think Windows Aero animations both in Windows 7 x86 and x64 are a little bit slower than in Vista and Server 2008. Of course, it may be good for midddle-performance video adapters, but it would be better to adjust the animation speed at fast cards.

I have NVidia 9800GT, and it is not very beautiful to see that Aero animation at open/close windows slows down a little bit.

Please make an improvement :)

And I would like to know where can I write about MS Flight Simulator X problem on Windows 7: it crashes after ~10-15 minutes, I tried different video drivers, but since Beta Version this problem hasn't been eliminated :)
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 6:38 AM

All replies

• There is no real cure for a video driver that does not perform up to your specs, beyond asking the device maker to create a better driver for the device. How effectively the driver uses the Hadward Abstraction Layer available in Windows is up to the device driver writer to accomplish. There are devices that perform better than some current nVidia device drivers. They use the HAL more effectively.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Try dropping the Color Quality down a notch and see if things speed up.

JS
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:44 PM