Skype For Business / Skype Audio Video not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm having trouble with federation between Skype for Business and Skype.

IM, presence and directory search are all working well but AV does not work between an internal SfB client and an external Skype client. By looking at the firewall logs I've found that the SfB client computer tries to route traffic directly out to the Skype client instead of the edge server proxying the traffic.

If I allow the computer running the SfB client access to the internet on all outgoing ports, everything works, but obviously this is not a solution, the traffic should pass through the edge server.

Edge server is using 3 x NAT IP addresses and I've enabled the option for NAT in the topology and assigned the correct AV public IP address.

Any help would be appreciated as I've been trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days with no success so far.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 7:08 PM

Answers

• For anyone else who finds this, the answer was that the Lync client needs to be able to communicate directly with the edge server on ports 443 and 3478 (STUN), I had missed this firewall rule. Once this was set up A/V worked fine between Skype and SfB.
    • Marked as answer by DannyRD Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:36 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:35 PM

All replies

• Better to start troubleshooting with lync connectivity analyzer

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com Thanks Sathish (MVP)

Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:47 PM
  • For anyone else who finds this, the answer was that the Lync client needs to be able to communicate directly with the edge server on ports 443 and 3478 (STUN), I had missed this firewall rule. Once this was set up A/V worked fine between Skype and SfB.
    • Marked as answer by DannyRD Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:36 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:35 PM