Windows Explorer display when launched by clicking Computer RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on Computer and Windows Explorer is launched.  I want all the drives in the Computer be displayed on the navigation window on the Windows Explorer.  Is there a way to do this?
    • Edited by churin Friday, November 6, 2009 2:29 AM
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 6:05 PM

Answers

• Please help confirm the following questions:

1. Left window is your current situation, and right is the style you prefer.
    2. If click on Computer, we will get the right window.

If so, please click the triangle beside Computer icon to expand it and close the window. Reopen Computer to see if it will be changed back.

If so, click the triangle again, right click on the blank area of the left panel, choode Expand to current folder. Close and reopen Computer again to see the result.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 5:17 AM
  • For "How to add photo", I will capture a screenshot, save as file, upload to skydrive.live.com, and copy the picture on the site (Highlight the picture and Ctrl C) and paste to here (Ctrl V).

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by churin Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 PM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 PM

All replies

• I don't understand what you are looking for. Can you be more explicit please?

When I open Computer, this is what I see:

Rich
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:25 PM
  • If you are talking about in the Start Menu, right click on the "Orb" and select Properties.  When the properties page opens up, select customize.  Then select "Display as menu" for Computer.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 1:40 AM
  • Ztruker:

Thanks for your reply.
    Mine also has C:, D:, E:, F:, G:, I:, X: and Y: but they are shown on the right pane but not on the left navigation pane. Another word, the Computer is collapsed. If I click on a small triangle on the left side of the Computer, then all those drives are shown below the Computer. What is shown on your post is what I want shown when I click on the Computer.  Is there something wrong with my W7 installation?

Friday, November 6, 2009 2:17 AM
  • Brian Borg:

Thanks for your response.
    End results is the same as that I want but what I am wondering is if the same results can be had simply by clicking on the Computer.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:20 AM
  • Please help confirm the following questions:

1. Left window is your current situation, and right is the style you prefer.
    2. If click on Computer, we will get the right window.

If so, please click the triangle beside Computer icon to expand it and close the window. Reopen Computer to see if it will be changed back.

If so, click the triangle again, right click on the blank area of the left panel, choode Expand to current folder. Close and reopen Computer again to see the result.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 5:17 AM
  • Thanks for your response.
    Your understanding of my problem is correct.

Previously, Show All Folder was checked marked and when I removed the check mark the display changed as 2 in your post. So, I assumed the check mark situation(no check mark) stayed that way. This time I found that the Show All Folders is check marked.  So I removed but display situation did not change.  I put check mark on Expand To Current Folder, then the display changed to #2 as above. I removed the check mark from Expand To Current Folder but the display stayed unchanged.  I am not sure about how these check marks' on/off relates to the display of the Windows Explorer, but it appears that I can get what I want by juggling these check marks by turning on or off.

This is off-topic but I attempted to attach picture image as you and other poster did but could not figure out how to. Is there the instructions somewhere on this forum?
    Friday, November 6, 2009 1:52 PM
  • For "How to add photo", I will capture a screenshot, save as file, upload to skydrive.live.com, and copy the picture on the site (Highlight the picture and Ctrl C) and paste to here (Ctrl V).
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:03 AM

Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by churin Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 PM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 PM