Right/click Context Menu is bothersome! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all..

I've done my reading and tried both FileMenu and ContextEdit to try to "trim" the items in a right/click context menu - I can NOT find anyway to delete the more than 6 .pdf ones from Acrobat X....

Nor does it seem that I can find any settings in the Registry either....search on this showed me where to look and there are NO acrobat items there whatsoever....but they sure are in the context menu....sigh....

Anyone got a pointer to this?

?

Jim

XPPro/SP3, Dell XPS5 box, 4 GB RAM, DVD, CD-RW - fully updated daily box will FLY when running right!
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 7:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may follow the reverse steps to delete the keys, If the keys are related to Acrobat X, you may try to delete it for a test.

Note: before doing this, please back up the registry.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, July 24, 2011 1:24 PM
    Friday, July 8, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Try ShellMenuView in addition to ShellExView. The former one is for static right-click menu items, and the 2nd one lists context menu handlers and other shell extensions.
    Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
    Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:55 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You may use some uninstall tools to fully uninstall the Acrobat X.

Also, please check the registry keys that are mentioned in the following link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753589(v=vs.85).aspx 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:57 AM
  • @Juke...

um....that link is fine if I want to ADD a context menu item...but doesn't point out how to delete one....

and I bought Acrobat X so I don't want to uninstall same....

thought tho, that this was the place to ask this....

am I wrong?

Jim

XPPro/SP3, Dell XPS5 box, 4 GB RAM, DVD, CD-RW - fully updated daily box will FLY when running right!
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 8:11 PM
  • Hi,

You may follow the reverse steps to delete the keys, If the keys are related to Acrobat X, you may try to delete it for a test.

Note: before doing this, please back up the registry.

Friday, July 8, 2011 3:10 AM
  • Jim, have you tried this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html?

Just be nice!
    Friday, July 8, 2011 2:07 PM
  • Try ShellMenuView in addition to ShellExView. The former one is for static right-click menu items, and the 2nd one lists context menu handlers and other shell extensions.
    Ramesh Srinivasan | The Winhelponline Blog
    Microsoft MVP, Windows Desktop Experience
    Saturday, July 9, 2011 3:55 AM
    Answerer
  • the offending adds to the context menu were from IE8...and there's a ton of google hits on how to change same...

would'a been nice tho to have IE include that in it's options area...as I can imagine my mom trying to edit the registry...

LOL!

Jim

Friday, July 15, 2011 7:54 PM