Hyper-V Hangs during installation. RRS feed

• Question

• When updating and preparing my server, the Hyper-V Server freezes at the 17% mark and this is as far as I have been able to get when installing my server from an ISO file and the Virtual machine stops at this point. I have use different configurations with the same result. I left this running overnight without any further results. Any suggestions on completing this installation will be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a Samsung ATIV with 8gb Ram, 1TB HDD (670gb free) Windows 10 Professional...

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated...

Toby

Thursday, June 29, 2017 10:24 AM

All replies

• If you have dynamic memory enabled in the VM settings, try turning it off during the install.

Since you did not mention the OS you are installing, it might be having issues with this.

I am assuming that you are referring to installing a VM and not Hyper-V Server on the bare metal.

Brian Ehlert
    http://ITProctology.blogspot.com
    Learn. Apply. Repeat.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:28 PM
  • Hi EyeOfHorus816,

Might try changing they Hyper-V memory settings for the virtual machine to static.  Once the OS is installed, it can be changed to dynamic.

Also try to setup a new VM with 4GB RAM statically with Gen 1 and 2 processors to check.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you could check the Event Viewer to find if some errors occur. Please check the link below about Hyper-V: Virtual Machines Freeze at 10% When Starting Up.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mspfe/2013/03/18/hyper-v-virtual-machines-freeze-at-10-when-starting-up/

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 30, 2017 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:47 AM