none
Ident Text Fields in Project 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm looking to duplicate the indentation of name fields to text fields in MS Project 2010.

Does anyone know how to do this - please advise!

Many Thanks!

Cynthia

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:26 PM

Answers

• You're welcome.

>> how would I apply it to summary rows?

Just click the option button "(o) Use formula" below the label -Calculation for task and group summary rows- in
    Custom Fields dialog box while creating the formula.

>> And do you know if there is a way to replicate the expand and hide (+ or - ) buttons?

Sorry. I don't know a technique to simulate the expand/collapse behavior of the outline symbol (+/-) button. It may be possible by using VBA indirectly. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:43 PM

All replies

• A formula like below in a custom text field may provide the result that you need (make sure it is also evaluated for summary rows):

Left(".............",[Outline Level]) & Name

• Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:41 PM
  •  

Thanks!! That’s really neat solution.  A few questions – how would I apply it to summary rows?  And do you know if there is a way to replicate the expand and hide (+ or - ) buttons?

Cynthia

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:17 PM
  • You're welcome.

>> how would I apply it to summary rows?

Just click the option button "(o) Use formula" below the label -Calculation for task and group summary rows- in
    Custom Fields dialog box while creating the formula.

>> And do you know if there is a way to replicate the expand and hide (+ or - ) buttons?

Sorry. I don't know a technique to simulate the expand/collapse behavior of the outline symbol (+/-) button. It may be possible by using VBA indirectly. 

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:43 PM
  • Thanks so much for your help!

Cynthia

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:19 PM
  • You're welcome. -- Regards.
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:21 PM