SCSM 2012 R2-SLA/OLA Notifications Warning & Breach RRS feed

• Question

• For Incident: I want to set up SLA/OLA notifications for warning and breach in several layers.  Can the application do this out of the box?

1. Set a "First response" for Priority 1 notification that warns the analyst if the First Response hasn't been set within 15 mins.
    2. Set a Warning Breach notification 15 mins before the OLA is breached to the analyst only
    3. At Breach I want to send a breach notification to the Analyst and the Manager of the analyst
    4. 15 mins After Breach I want to send a breach notification to the Anaylst, the Manager and the rest of the IT managers.

Of note: We do not have Active Directory configured for the "Manager" field. I'm afraid this may negate the ability to specify a single specific manager.

I believe this will require several different notification templates and subscriptions, but I'm just not sure how the subscription criteria should be setup and that's where I require assistance.

My next questions are for Service Request:

Our activities are assigned to a group and our OLA states that for Priority 1 an activity must be assigned to an individual on that team within 15 mins.  How can I notify and report on this?

I have Calendar, Queues and Metrics in place, I just cannot seem to get the notifications to work correctly.  I wonder if I have the wrong classes selected or am using the wrong metrics or something.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Monday, April 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Answers

• Maybe this blog post is helpful for notification on SLA warning level:

Notifying before SLA breaches

The same you can do with the status "Breached".

This way you can send a notification to the Assigned To user only. To send a notification to the manager of the Assigned To user (if the manager is maintained in AD of the users) is possible with an Orchestrator runbook or a PowerShell workflow in SCSM only.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:34 PM
  • You can sent recipients of a notification to a set user or e-mail address.
    So long as ALL notifications for that SLO need to go to the one manager\user\e-mail address then just add that in to the workflow.

For example:
    A priority 1 Incident is logged and the workflow runs and assigns the P1 SLO to the Incident.
    After 15 minutes the analyst has not set the "First Response" so the subscription runs and send a notification to the assign to analyst.
    After another 15 minutes the analyst has still not set the "First Response". The subscription now runs and sends a Breech e-mail to the Assigned to User and fred.manager@contoso.com.

You could then create a bunch of different groups and a bunch of different subscriptions that would target specific support groups so support groups could have their own manager that would get a notification.

Follow this blog but when you get the Step 2 (Creating the subscription) add a Recipient that is a specific user rather than the Assigned to, or Affected user etc.

Should look like this:

Brett Moffett

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hi CShaner,

Did you manage to configure the part of notifying the Analyst and his manager in case of a breach? I'm also wondering how this could be done in SM?!

Thanks 

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:50 PM
  • No.  I have not had any response to this.

I was told by a Microsoft Engineer during one of our engagements that it could be customized through Orchestrator but it would be a good deal of work.  I do not believe this functionality is available innately in the product at this time.

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:53 PM
  • Maybe this blog post is helpful for notification on SLA warning level:

Notifying before SLA breaches

The same you can do with the status "Breached".

This way you can send a notification to the Assigned To user only. To send a notification to the manager of the Assigned To user (if the manager is maintained in AD of the users) is possible with an Orchestrator runbook or a PowerShell workflow in SCSM only.

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:34 PM
  • You can sent recipients of a notification to a set user or e-mail address.
    So long as ALL notifications for that SLO need to go to the one manager\user\e-mail address then just add that in to the workflow.

For example:
    A priority 1 Incident is logged and the workflow runs and assigns the P1 SLO to the Incident.
    After 15 minutes the analyst has not set the "First Response" so the subscription runs and send a notification to the assign to analyst.
    After another 15 minutes the analyst has still not set the "First Response". The subscription now runs and sends a Breech e-mail to the Assigned to User and fred.manager@contoso.com.

You could then create a bunch of different groups and a bunch of different subscriptions that would target specific support groups so support groups could have their own manager that would get a notification.

Follow this blog but when you get the Step 2 (Creating the subscription) add a Recipient that is a specific user rather than the Assigned to, or Affected user etc.

Should look like this:

Brett Moffett

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:49 AM