none
Publish LDAP to an external party via UAG 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know UAG 2010 can be used to publish Exchange, Sharepoint and RDS, but what about LDAP?

UAG sits in our DMZ and I need to give an external supplier access to LDAP for authentication (DC is on the internal network), is UAG 2010 designed to do this?

Thanks

IT Support/Everything

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Although I would not recommend it it is possible. Do you want UAG Endpoint Security to be on front it?

If not, you can configure TMG which sits on top of UAG. UAG configured TMG and makes some rules in the Firewall Policy of TMG which you should NOT modify. Below these rules in the Firewall Policy you can create a custom Server Publishing Rule that publishes the LDAP Protocol.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

• Marked as answer by Aetius2012 Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:20 AM

All replies

• Although I would not recommend it it is possible. Do you want UAG Endpoint Security to be on front it?

If not, you can configure TMG which sits on top of UAG. UAG configured TMG and makes some rules in the Firewall Policy of TMG which you should NOT modify. Below these rules in the Firewall Policy you can create a custom Server Publishing Rule that publishes the LDAP Protocol.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

• Marked as answer by Aetius2012 Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:20 AM
  • Ah, just found this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee522953.aspx#BKMK_SupportedConfig

Searching for another solution....

• Edited by Aetius2012 Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:19 PM