Problem with ventrilo(All ver) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I got problem with ventrilo when i am running Windows 7. I got drivers and all installed but i cant get any sound at all from ventrilo. Nothing work's in there. I have tried to run it as admin but still dont work.. Is there anything i can to do make this work. If so please tell me.

With Greatest regards Kattfan
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:24 PM

Answers

• It didn't work... If u read this JJTech then i want to ask you what soundcard is enough to get it working... Because i am not that old and my money is in an average range.. So i just want to know a good but not to expensive soundcard.

I recommend a creative soundblaster here take a look: http://us.creative.com/products/welcomenew.asp?category=1 and I leave the choice up to you as all creatives are nice :)

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    My Hardware:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hey, I got problem with ventrilo when i am running Windows 7. I got drivers and all installed but i cant get any sound at all from ventrilo. Nothing work's in there. I have tried to run it as admin but still dont work.. Is there anything i can to do make this work. If so please tell me.

With Greatest regards Kattfan
    What applications are you running besides Vent? Does this just happen when you're using Vent Alone? And Do you have Vent Setup to use your Primary Soundcard?

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech
    My Hardware:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:50 PM
  • I only had Ventrilo started on my computer. Everything else was closed.I have tried to use vent alone and with another clients and with another friends and it makes no change. My settings on ventrilo is like they have been before when i have had Vista. It's signed to use my soundcard primary.  It's just freaking me out that ventrilo don't work but skype does....

On ventrilo i have tried to troubleshoot it but still doens't work. Have tried all options in ventrilo.. Still doesn't work:(
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:54 PM
  • I only had Ventrilo started on my computer. Everything else was closed.I have tried to use vent alone and with another clients and with another friends and it makes no change. My settings on ventrilo is like they have been before when i have had Vista. It's signed to use my soundcard primary.  It's just freaking me out that ventrilo don't work but skype does....

On ventrilo i have tried to troubleshoot it but still doens't work. Have tried all options in ventrilo.. Still doesn't work:(
    do you have skype running at the same time as vent? if so try closing skype and see if it works

My Hardware:
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Nope. Have tried that. I installed skype after i had tried ventrilo. And after i tried skype i closed it and tried ventrilo agian. Still nothing...
    Monday, July 20, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Nope. Have tried that. I installed skype after i had tried ventrilo. And after i tried skype i closed it and tried ventrilo agian. Still nothing...
    hmmm it still sounds like another app has control of the sound or vent doesnt like something cause i have vent installed on here with no issues, here try this: Rightclick the speaker down by the clock and select "Recording Devices" then click on your Mic and goto the Tab "Advanced" and Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusve control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications Priority" do the same for your "speakers" under "Playback Devices" and see if your vent sound/mic returns.

My Hardware:
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Still nothing:( I did all that u wrote and it didn't work that way either:(
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:12 PM
  • Still nothing:( I did all that u wrote and it didn't work that way either:(
    what is your Soundcard specs and are you still using MS Drivers for it?

My Hardware:
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:26 PM
  • I am using Realtek RTL8168 Gigabit Ethernet.There aint any drivers for it that works on windows 7. Going to change back to xp agian. SRy for taking your time
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:38 PM
  • I am using Realtek RTL8168 Gigabit Ethernet.  I got drivers for it. BUt nothing work's anymore. Going to change back to xp agian. SRy for taking your time
    Unfortunately that is your Lan(Network Interface Controller ) card driver not your soundcard but if you have a Realtek Soundcard those are onboard and outdated and i recommend getting a new pci/pcie soundcard it will solve many issues in the long run.

My Hardware:
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:44 PM
  • I got a soundcoard inside my motherboard that has the name with something realtek..:d Close to that one
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:57 PM
  • I got a soundcoard inside my motherboard that has the name with something realtek..:d Close to that one
    try these drivers/codecs http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=23&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#AC but i still recommend getting a new pci/pcie soundcard it will solve many issues in the long run.
    My Hardware:
    • Proposed as answer by JJTech Monday, July 20, 2009 7:29 PM
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Yea, I will do that when i get enough money:D Thank you for all the help i have been given from you.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 7:29 PM
  • Yea, I will do that when i get enough money:D Thank you for all the help i have been given from you.

Your welcome, Good Luck. :)

My Hardware:
    Monday, July 20, 2009 7:30 PM
  • It didn't work... If u read this JJTech then i want to ask you what soundcard is enough to get it working... Because i am not that old and my money is in an average range.. So i just want to know a good but not to expensive soundcard.

Monday, July 20, 2009 8:34 PM

I recommend a creative soundblaster here take a look: http://us.creative.com/products/welcomenew.asp?category=1 and I leave the choice up to you as all creatives are nice :)

My Hardware:
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 6, 2009 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:26 AM