Upgraded to windows 7 from vista: Dont know if this belongs in this forum RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded from vista to windows 7 a couple days ago and I have a dell 1737 studio laptop. There are times when the icons on my desktop become blurry and there are times when the text in internet explorer and mozilla firefox becomes blurry. Btw when I say blurry I dont mean like I need glasses, I mean that the icon and text become distorted.I dont know what the problem is so can someone help me fix it? Would the drivers I installed have anything to do with it because this problem occurred before I installed the drivers as well.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue can be caused by several factors, such as incompatible graphic driver, corrupted system files, corrupt user profile or program conflicting. To troubleshoot the cause, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     While the issue occurs, please right click the Taskbar, click Start Task Manager, click Processes, click explorer.exe, click End Process. Then click File, click New Task(Run…), type explorer.exe in the open box, click OK.  Now see if the issue goes away.

2.     Please upgrade your graphic card driver to the latest version, you could download it from the following link:

On HP site, only Windows 7 64 bit drivers are released: Drivers & Downloads for Studio Laptop 1737

To download Windows 7 32 bit graphic driver for Studio Laptop 1737, please go to: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Please note: we provide the third party link to download driver for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.  

3.     Run the command: sfc /scannow to scan the whole system file and automatically fix the corrupted ones.

4.     Create a new user account and test if the issue occurs.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, July 19, 2010 1:17 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue can be caused by several factors, such as incompatible graphic driver, corrupted system files, corrupt user profile or program conflicting. To troubleshoot the cause, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1.     While the issue occurs, please right click the Taskbar, click Start Task Manager, click Processes, click explorer.exe, click End Process. Then click File, click New Task(Run…), type explorer.exe in the open box, click OK.  Now see if the issue goes away.

2.     Please upgrade your graphic card driver to the latest version, you could download it from the following link:

On HP site, only Windows 7 64 bit drivers are released: Drivers & Downloads for Studio Laptop 1737

To download Windows 7 32 bit graphic driver for Studio Laptop 1737, please go to: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Please note: we provide the third party link to download driver for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.  

3.     Run the command: sfc /scannow to scan the whole system file and automatically fix the corrupted ones.

4.     Create a new user account and test if the issue occurs.

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, July 19, 2010 1:17 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:31 AM
  • Hi Jackal

You can download the latest graphics drivers from your PC manufacturer’s  website.

You can perform Windows Update where in you view the update and select the driver updates and install those updates and check whether you are able to solve your problem or not. by running windows update, it will automatically download and install latest drivers for u.

Regards

Syed Asad Bukhari
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:37 AM