none
Error running crawl: creating processor FastFormatDetector failed: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed RRS feed

  • Question

  • Using the FASTContent SSA, when I perform a full crawl, I get the following error (for every item):

    The Content Plugin received a "Processing Error" response from the backend server for the item. ( ProcessorDeploymentException: For pipeline 'Office14 (webcluster)', creating processor FastFormatDetector failed: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed [14] )

    What could be the problem and are there more detailed logs I could find to help correct the issue? docpush reports same error:

    [2010-09-01 15:44:14.464] ERROR      sp Reported error with http://intranet.contoso.com/Shared%20Documents/Gears%20Sales%20History.xlsx: processing:N/A:ProcessorDeploymentException: For pipeline 'Office14 (webcluster)', creating processor FastFormatDetector failed: parserError: xmlParseMemory() failed \\
    [2010-09-01 15:44:14.465] INFO       sp All add operations completed


    Wahid Saleemi Sr. Consultant, Avanade http://www.wahidsaleemi.com
    Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:54 PM

All replies

  • Did you get this sorted out? And does it happen to only excel files or all files? How much memory does your environment have?

    Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 


    Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/ - http://www.comperiosearch.com/
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Since this thread has high search rankings but no solution, I decided to post mine.  In my case, it was a malformed XML file causing the failure.  The path to the file was C:\FASTSearch\etc\config_data\DocumentProcessor\formatdetector\user_converter_rules.xml.  Not sure how it got corrupted, but cleaning up the comments at the beginning of the file fixed the problem.  Good Luck!

    Ryan Manus

    • Proposed as answer by Ryan Manus Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:21 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Hi Ryan,

    We need to create a PowerShell cmdlet or similar which verifies that all config files are UTF-8 without BOM :)

    -m


    Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hey Ryan,

    Thanks so much for this!

    I spent hours figuring out this issue.

    I just cleaned the user_converter_rules.xml, and FS4SP worked again.

    Thanks again

    Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:15 PM