windows 7 blue screen - random times RRS feed

• Question

• My new dell with win 7 64bit continues to blue screen each day.  There is no pattern, it just happens erratically.  Below is the info it gives me.  I click "check for solution" and nothing happens.  Anyone help?

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    7f
      BCP1:    0000000000000008
      BCP2:    0000000080050031
      BCP3:    00000000000006F8
      BCP4:    FFFFF80002E39E58
      OS Version:    6_1_7600
      Service Pack:    0_0
      Product:    256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\072710-20170-01.dmp
      C:\Users\luke\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-10081580-0.sysdata.xml

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:30 AM

Answers

• The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.

Meantime you may remove the antivirus and run the system with a period. If the issue does not occur, mainly focus on antivirus settings and compatibility.

I suggest you download Windows 7 compatible drivers from the manufacturer website and install them.

If the computer if from OEM, you can contact the OEM support and checn if there is any hardware issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 6, 2010 5:30 AM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• You can try changing  hardware acceleration to different level and check:

1.     Click on Start > Control Panel.
    2.     In the classic view, double click on the Display icon.
    3.     Select the Settings tab and click on the advanced button. The Advanced Settings dialog box appears.
    4.      Click on the Troubleshoot tab.
    You can change the hardware acceleration dragging the slider to the middle of the scale.

I suggest you to check if the game is compatible with Windows7.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

I also suggest you to update the display drivers, go to manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of drivers for your graphic card and install.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Automatically-get-recommended-drivers-and-updates-for-your-hardware

I also suggest you to update the chipset drivers as well.

For More Information and help related to windows 7 blue screen go here
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Would you send me/attach here last 3 files from c:\windows\minidump folder?
    There are some options to analyze that and to provide a solution.

M.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Please upload the dmp files from the folder C:\Windows\Minidump to your Skydrive [1] (copy the dmp files first to your desktop, otherwise you can't upload them) and post a link here, so that I can look at the dumps to see what causes the Bug Check 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:46 AM
  • The system goes to a BSOD because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.

Meantime you may remove the antivirus and run the system with a period. If the issue does not occur, mainly focus on antivirus settings and compatibility.

I suggest you download Windows 7 compatible drivers from the manufacturer website and install them.

If the computer if from OEM, you can contact the OEM support and checn if there is any hardware issue.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 6, 2010 5:30 AM
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Might be worth running some tests on your hardware just to rule that out. Would suggest http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ create the boot disk and use the harddisk and memory checks to make sure the hardware is ok.

www.mypchealth.co.uk
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 11:26 AM