asus falcon2 tv tuner not found in vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP Media Center PC m7360n computer and my tv tuner was working fine with Windows XP SP2, I installed Vista Ultimate 2-7 and I try to setup tv and it says no tv tuner found. I took card out of computer to sse brand and model: Asus Falcon2 tv/fm card. I looked under Sound.... and found Concexant Falcon II NTSC Video Capture and Real Tek High Definition Audio, I know I had more there before change. Radio does not work either. I can not find a vista driver for card, I was on line with HP for about an hour, and they had me add a driver that caused blue screen, and windows wouldn't start, I fixed that in safe mode.
    Saturday, February 17, 2007 7:31 PM

All replies

• I am having the exact same problem. After chatting with a Microsoft Help Professionsal for 3 hours, Azeez (my customer representative) attempted to send me a HotFix that he promised would correct the problem. Evedently, there is a problem with the HotFix and would not allow me to install it.

Upon informing Azeez of the problem, he forwarded the HotFix, my email, and our conversation to his research team. The research team is supposed to contact me within 48 hours.

I promised Azeez that if they do not contact me within that time, I will be back in touch with him.

**I will keep posting updates on my progress; please do the same!**

Monday, February 19, 2007 10:52 PM
  • Add another gut to the list. I have the same issues, same upgrade on HP m7160n.  Not much help on the web - certainly, no updated drivers found yet.

Michael.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:39 AM
  • The part that is especially frustrating to me is that the HomePage for the HP m7160n doesnt even have a link to Vista Drivers... it still offers only XP drivers and from everything I can see, there isn't one coming anytime in the near future.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:50 AM
  • Hello,

Is ir possible for anyone to share with me the drivers for the TV Card included in the HP Media Center PC m7160n. The card is an Asus Falcon2 with a chipset conexant CX23416

A friend of mine tried to fix by himself the PC but he doesn't know too much about computers and he deleted the recovery partition. He asked me to install an Operating System in Spanish, then I installed Windows XP Professional SP2 (spanish). The first problem is that I can not buy the recovery discs set from the HP web site because I live in Cuba and it is very dificult for us to do that. Then I ran Everest to find out all the devices name and models in my system. A found almost all the drivers on internet but we can not find the driver for the TV card and the remote.

If anyone here have a system like this and is able to get the drivers for the card, can he or she share them with me?

Thank

Osier

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:40 PM
  • I've the the same computer m7160n and have been work with both Microsoft and HP for 2 weeks on this and they still can't get it to work , nor have I or they been able to locate a  driver for it.  If I ever find one, or I get this resolved I'll let you know.
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:00 PM
  • Sounds like a number of you have done all the things I have.  I have a hp media center m7160n and have been spinning my wheels trying to find a vista driver for the TV tuner.  The interesting thing is that conexant appears to be fine if you look in the audio devices section of the realtek system tray.  If I click on the recording tab, I see the conexant with a live signal coming into it from the coax.  If I disconnect the cable, the signal disappears.  My guess is that the hardware and device driver is fine, but media center doesn't know how to read it.  I've contacted HP and Microsoft about this, both have tried to help but to no avail so far.  HP keeps sending me the wrong device drivers, for a Hauppage tuner and then for a conexant modem, etc.  Right now, it looks like there is not a valid driver that Vista media center recognizes.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:09 AM
  • I did some more research, and am now convinced the issue is entirely with Vista's Media Center.  I ran a third party utility (Belarc Advisor) to see if it found the tv tuner hardware, and it did (listed as conexant falcon ii even though this is only the chipset and not the actual tuner itself).  Of course, Windows Device Manager also found the hardware all along, but it was nice to see another utility find it.

I then decided to take a different approach since Vista Media Center seems to be unable to find the hardware while the Vista OS and other apps do find it.  I installed a 3rd party tv recording software product called Beyond TV by SnapStream Media.  I installed a Vista compatible version of that.  Beyond TV was able to find the tv tuner (listed as conexant) and I could watch live television using that interface.  I am now totally convinced that the issue is in Vista Media Center itself being unable to recognize the hardware and not something at the OS level.

I've updated my problem tickets with HP and Microsoft with this information, and will let you know when I get a reply.  I've also asked if it's possible to set Media Center to the XP SP2 compatibility mode until a real fix is issued.  When I tried doing that using administrative priveleges, the option was grayed out.  I'm hoping I can set that to get it to work in the near term.

While I could continue using the Beyond TV software, I'd really like to use Media Center since I prefer that interface.  Beyond TV's was nice but not as streamlined as Media Center.  It's also for TV/radio only, and won't play PC music files or show photos.  Vista also changes the color scheme to Vista Basic since the Beyond TV software isn't compatible with the Aero interface right now.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 9:54 PM
  • I was told that SP1 will be released in March and SHOULD fix the problem. In the mean time, I was told to continually check HP's website for a full release of Vista Drivers including of course the TV tuner card.

I'm convinced that the issue is with the compatability of the Driver to Vista. the driver isn't successfully getting information to M.C. the way that it wants to recieve it.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:47 PM
  • I was talking with a Hauppauge tech and he told me that the problem is with Vista MC and M$ has not resolved this issue yet.  I've spent two weeks trying to figure this out but everything I have tried still gives "Tuner not Found" Just have to wait it out I guess.  BS!!! 

Have any of you tried to Run "services.mce" right click on "Windows media center reciever service" and click start.  Didn't work for me but that is where the problem is, the MC cannot connect to the tuner card.

If Sp1 will resolve this issue, I hope M$ gets it together soon...

U

Friday, February 23, 2007 10:46 PM
  • I've tried manually starting the media center receiver service using the services GUI, but it shuts down immediately.  I also tried the tips from Aaron Stebner's blog on MSDN, which had a similar issue under an XP update.  Manually re-registering the services didn't help, unfortunately.

The biggest annoyance for me is that, while HP and MS support has been timely, HP has yet to tell me who the actual manufacturer of the tv tuner is and what the model number is, so I can do my own research and contact the vendor.  I've asked them several times but not received an answer to that.  They did send me driver updates that appeared to be from 2007 for Hauppauge tuners, but those would not install at all, leading me to believe that really wasn't my hardware.  I've seen elsewhere that I might have an Asus tuner based on some digits I found on a sticker on the hardware, but I cannot confirm that either.  The only thing I do know is that I have a Conexant Falcon II NTSC chipset on the tuner, and that is what shows up in the device manager as working (and it does work with Beyond TV software).

I'm hoping, like you, that Vista SP1 will correct this.

Friday, February 23, 2007 11:05 PM
  • I took the card out and it plainly said ASUS on it then in smaller print it says falcon2 tv tuner. I checked with ASUS and that is a made for HP only TV/Radio card. So manufacturer was no help.
    Saturday, February 24, 2007 10:02 PM
  • Has anyone tried to add memory to their machine? or tried buying a flashdrive and using the "Readyboost" feature??

Just curious if this makes any difference at all.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 2:59 AM
  • I added a gig to my HP m7160n before upgrading to Vista.  It has no effect on this.
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:14 AM
  • HP Media Center 7567

Problem - AV Capture does not work in Nero or Roxio with Falcon II NTSC Capture(ASUS)

1.  In the default bios settings, the video card was set to PCI so I changed this to PCI-E.  This allowed Nero image drive to work

2.  I cannot get rid of the AV capture problem.  This will not go away but the TV tuner and FM tuner work in Media Center edition.

I was watching the posts and was hoping to see that someone found the correct driver for this OEM board that HP chose to put into the 7567.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 1:33 AM
  • Hi guys

I have the same issue with Vista MC and my Diamond PVR 550 PCI TV tuner(no tv tuner found when trying to set up live TV) , Vista found it and installed as Diamond Xtreme TV PVR550 II Video Capture , I tried both the original driver form diamond and the new uptade that vista found , still not working ,both driver provider are conexant (2004 and 2006 ).

I have not tested with beyond TV but I 'm sure is a problem with Vista MC , I contacted Diamond (very poor customer service ) they don't even bother to respond me so I won't be buying any other product from Diamond in the future.

I hope Microsoft release a  pacth to fix this issue ,

thanks

Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:38 AM
  • hi friend, i have a HP Media Center PC m7160n  too, i have the driver for this problem...but when a try to extract the driver from my computer show me this " an error ocurr during this operation, this wil close"

i use the " Driver Genius"  do you know other software to extract the drivers and i send you the driver

p.d. CX23416 IS A ENCODER

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:30 PM
  • hi my good friend.

i can extract the driver from my computer if you want it....send me a mail or MSN anyway. and i send you the codec

greetings my friend form mexico

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:10 PM
  •  

Hello again

Still waiting, very patiently, I might add.  The thing that gets me is, I went to future shop and noticed that they haven't had any problems with their tuner cards and M$ MC.  They said it worked fine for them on hp computers.  Anyway, I know the problem is with MC and needs to be fixed by M$.  Just when they get around to fix this problem is another question.

U

Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:36 AM
  • I anm running Vista Home Premium on Drive C. The TV Tuner works just fine.

I am running Vista ULTIMATE on a partition drive. The TV Tuner CANNOT BE FOUND.

This is highly illogical folks.

:(
    Larry

Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:05 AM
  • Sorry-I am using an HP M7750N PC

Still the same Ultimate problem but TV card is fine in Premium Edition on C drive

WACKED!!

Larry

Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:08 AM
  • i'm using  an HP m7780n and my sound, video & game controllers are Happauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC Combo and Realtek High Definition Audio.  Sadly, I am geting the same errors ("Windows Media Center Reciever Services stopped working and was closed..." or "...could not detect a TV Tuner.").

This is absolutely ridiculous!  For the amount of money spent on this high powered machinery, the hardware and the OS installed by the factory is not working/communicating with each other....and we have to wait until March (possibly) for a patch???  I am not pleased.

Monday, March 26, 2007 5:47 AM
  • Well...I didn't have that problem but I do know the update and where it is http://www.crs-uk.biz/microsoft_vista_drivers.html u have to look for it. My problem is I moved my tv tuner because it was too close to the video card(heat). I moved it away and windows doesn't even notice it on the system and yes I've tryed all the slots. So pretty much It's like I don't have it.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:24 PM
  • Im having the same problem with the card not showing ... Ive installed 4 diff drivers and no help from HP ..... Anyone knows how or any info on fixing this please post m7657c
    Monday, April 2, 2007 7:40 PM
  • Hello All,

After having read as many of the posts as I could, I have this to submit:

\ I have an HP Media Center m7674n. I too have installed the Windows Vista Ultimate OS, and am having difficulties with my MULTIMEDIA VIDEO CONTROLLER!

After having conducted more than 13 Hrs. (literally) of Investigative Research into this issue.  Windows Vista Ultimate is a 64-bit OS System. The ASUS Falcon2 - with the FM Tuner Support is a 32-bit/33 MHz card!

Thus far I have not been able to locate a driver that will change that. (lol)  If I'm missing something, someone please advise. Good luck! ML  P.S. The above mentioned http://www.crs-uk.......   is for the 32-bit system only!

Monday, April 2, 2007 8:32 PM
  • Yeah, driver support for 64 bit Vista will be hard to come by, if not impossible, for a lot of hardware.  I have 32 bit Vista and the TV tuner in my HP m7160n is not recognized by Media Center while it is found by 3rd-party recording software.  I won't upgrade to 64-bit Vista unless I get a new TV tuner and graphics card.  I'm just hoping a patch will be released so that I can work with what I already own.

BTW, the link to the driver software you mention has an outdated driver for TV Tuners with the Conexant Falcon II chipset on HP's website.  The linked version is from Sept, 2006, I believe.  As soon as it's installed, Windows says a newer one is available, released in November 2006 and available through Windows Update in 12/2006.  The 12/2006 version doesn't correct the issue with Media Center not finding the hardware, however.

Monday, April 2, 2007 8:50 PM
  •  

OK ive been messin with this for a day now and this is what I have came up with if it helps anyone who knows media center

media center actually does pickup the asus falcon2 card

I know this because the media center reciever service(can be found in your service man) when ran adds a registry entry to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners

DevName Conexant Falcon Tuner

DevPath \\?\pci#ven_4444&dev_0016&subsys_4b661043&rev_01#4&1535f642&0&20f0#{a799a800-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{ebe24d78-f037-4932-b879-ccefefe78750}

what I dont know cause im not that great with this sort of stuff

is why it defines no serial number for the device and I cant find one anywhere

I read someonwhere that media center needs a device serial number within the reg

So maybe this is where the problem is ... maybe it aint lol

Anyway maybe that little bit can help someone who knows a little more than me

HP dont know or even seem to understand ... told me to switch the PCI slot .... that didnt work

Like you said Beyond TV works fine but media center wont allow it for some reason

But it does have something to do with the reciever service for media center

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 4:34 PM
  • That's a good piece of investigative work!  I looked at my tuner card in my HP m7160n and found a serial number.  After inputting the serial number into the registry entry, rebooting, etc., Media Center still closes the receiver service and says there is no tv tuner hardware installed, despite the fact that other apps do see the tuner. 

I suspect the registry value is really what was there in XP Media Center before upgrading to Vista, and for whatever reason Vista Media Center can no longer use that entry.  But I think you may be on the right track with a registry tweak, so thanks for the fresh thinking!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 6:21 PM
  • I actually think the serial number referance is to the systems serial number for that card or the serial for the reg entry that leads to the device

I also noticed that within the administrative tools area you can see a error for media center every time you restart the reciever service and try to locate the card

Ive searched on the error number and its a basic vital error code with no specifics

The description for Event ID 4 from source ehRecvr cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Conexant Falcon Tuner

8000ffff <--- ERROR CODE or ERROR DATA

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Maybe someone from microsoft can take a look into this

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 7:53 PM
  • I have a Dell PC that I upgraded to vista home premium. My TV Tuner is an ATI Theater Pro and I have the same problem - no TV Tuner found. Even with tryaing to download and install any update I could find! No Luck here.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2007 3:48 AM
  • Sorry to hear you're having the same problems.  At least it's not just a problem with HP Media Center PC's!  LOL.  It's frustrating because I've spent lots of time with MS and HP support.  HP couldn't even tell me the brand of tv tuner used in my model and repeatedly sent me the wrong (and outdated) drivers, so I had to take it apart and figure it out.  MS was better in walking me through some troubleshooting steps and collecting data for review, but has not resolved the issue yet.

I heard a rumor that Vista SP1 would be released in March and would fix this, but that apparently was wishful thinking.  For now, I've had to (gasp) watch "Lost" live on my tv, which is annoying because ABC moved it to 10 PM and I keep forgetting it's on.  I became used to Media Center automatically recording the show so I could time-shift! 

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 5:36 AM
  • Thats funny HP actually told me its a ASUS card in my pc

ryanhir ... what version of vista are you running?

and do you know anymore about the person who claimed they got it to work by installin on another drive or something like that?

Thursday, April 5, 2007 4:48 PM
  • HP initially would not or could not tell me what tv tuner card I had, but after prodding for awhile, HP sent me updates for a Hauppauge tuner.  The "updates" were pretty old, from 2005 and even earlier.  I actually have an Asus card, which I discovered once I took the card out.

I am running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit version.  I don't know anything about the person that claimed a driver install worked, but would like to  hear more if he/she is still tracking this thread.  I have yet to find the right driver on any of the websites mentioned here or found on my own.  So for now, I'm sitting tight and hoping a driver gets pushed out in the near future.  Asus' own website has drivers only for XP.  I'm treating that as the primary source to watch.

Other than the annoying issue with the tv tuner, the upgrade in general and my experience with Vista has been terrific.  The desktop search is fast, the improved multimedia features are nice, and even though I don't have a separate video card, I don't have a problem running the Aero interface.  I did bring my total RAM up to 3 gb from the original 1 gb, and that has helped everything in general.

----------

http://www.alumnilocate.com

Thursday, April 5, 2007 5:39 PM
  • OK this is what has happened with me now

Since trying to figure out the registry I dont think it had anything to do with it

I was running windows vista 32 bit ultimate BETA RC1 5600

It would not pickup the card same problems ur getting

Well I was waiting for the express upgrade progrm dvd to come for vista prem 32 bit

Anyway I got it .... delete my current partition and did a fresh install

started it up download the updates from windows update only not HP

then started media center and it worked found my card and set it up

The reg settings are completely diff ... well almost anyway imma list them below and maybe it can help you out if you still keep having the problem

and the version keys for everything else are te 655 number

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners
    Class Name:        <NO CLASS>
    Last Write Time:   4/9/2007 - 3:05 PM
    Value 0
      Name:            RecInfoVersion
      Type:            REG_DWORD
      Data:            0x3

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR
    Last Write Time:   4/9/2007 - 11:57 PM
    Value 0
      Name:            WMPacketSizeBytes
      Data:            0x2000

Value 1
      Name:            BackingStoreEachFileDurationSeconds
      Data:            0x12c

Value 2
      Name:            BackingStoreMinNumBackingFiles
      Data:            0x6

Value 3
      Name:            BackingStoreMaxNumBackingFiles
      Data:            0x8

Value 4
      Name:            BackingStoreGrowBy
      Data:            0x6

Value 5
      Name:            MaxFullFrameForwardRate
      Data:            0x2

Value 6
      Name:            StartRecordingStopsCur
      Data:            0x1

Value 7
      Name:            WMBufferWindowMillis
      Data:            0

Value 8
      Name:            DefAvgBitRate
      Data:            0x1312d00

Value 9
      Name:            AsyncIoBufferSizeBytes
      Data:            0x40000

Value 10
      Name:            AsyncIoWriterBufferPoolCount
      Data:            0xa

Value 11
      Name:            FileGrowthQuantumBytes
      Data:            0x5f5e100

Value 12
      Name:            GlobalScope

Value 13
      Name:            IndexingSampleSize
      Data:            0x8000

Value 14
      Name:            UnbufferedIo

Value 15
      Name:            IndexGranularityMillis
      Data:            0x1f4

Value 16
      Name:            SyncTolerance

Value 17
      Name:            MaxStreamDeltaMillis

Value 18
      Name:            BufferPoolTotalMillis
      Data:            0x5dc

Value 19
      Name:            BufferPoolSize
      Data:            0x100

Value 20
      Name:            MaxSeekingProbeMillis_Forward
      Data:            0x1388

Value 21
      Name:            LiveSeekOverReadMillis
      Data:            0x1e

Value 22
      Name:            TimeholeThresholdMs
      Data:            0x9c4

Value 23
      Name:            MinNearLiveMillis
      Data:            0x190

Value 24
      Name:            NearUnderflowCheckMillis
      Data:            0x7d0

Value 25
      Name:            AsyncIoReaderBufferPoolCount
      Data:            0x1e

Value 26
      Name:            ImplementIMediaSeekingOnPins

Value 27
      Name:            BufferPoolMaxPerStream
      Data:            0x180

Value 28
      Name:            UnderflowOverPaddingMillis
      Data:            0xc8

Value 29
      Name:            MaxPTSNormalizerDiscReads
      Data:            0x10

Value 30
      Name:            AllNotifiedRatesPositive

Value 31
      Name:            MaxForwardTrickModeRate
      Data:            0x12c

Value 32
      Name:            MaxScheduledRecRelativeSeconds
      Data:            0x5

Value 33
      Name:            CatchupToLiveOverMs
      Data:            0xa

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\DVRPlay
    Last Write Time:   4/9/2007 - 3:12 PM
    Value 0
      Name:            Allocator.cbBuffer
      Data:            0x2000

Value 1
      Name:            Allocator.cbAlign

Value 2
      Name:            Allocator.cbPrefix

Value 3
      Name:            ImplementIReferenceClock

Value 4
      Name:            AlwaysImplementIReferenceClock

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\DVRStreamSink
    Value 0
      Name:            SucceedQueryAccept

Value 1
      Name:            InlineDShowProps

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\IO

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\IO\Reader
    Value 0
      Name:            CloseReaderFilesAfterConsecutiveReads
      Data:            0x19

Value 1
      Name:            SeekReadAheadBufferTime
      Data:            0x5

Value 2
      Name:            MaxBytesAtOnce
      Data:            0xc800

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\DVR\IO\Writer
    Value 0
      Name:            DVRDirectory
      Type:            REG_SZ
      Data:            C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\TempRec\

Value 1
      Name:            FirstTemporaryBackingFileName
      Data:           

Value 2
      Name:            DeleteRingBufferFiles

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}
    Value 0
      Name:            MaxVideoRate
      Data:            0xffffffff

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}
    Value 0
      Name:            DevPath
      Data:            \\?\pci#ven_4444&dev_0016&subsys_4b661043&rev_01#4&1535f642&0&20f0#{a799a800-a46d-11d0-a18c-00a02401dcd4}\{ebe24d78-f037-4932-b879-ccefefe78750}

Value 1
      Name:            DevName
      Data:            Conexant Falcon Tuner

Value 2
      Name:            Disabled

Value 3
      Name:            SerialNumber
      Data:           

Value 4
      Name:            RootDevice
      Data:            PCI\VEN_4444&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_4B661043&REV_01\4&1535F642&0&20F0

Value 5
      Name:            TunerInstanceId

Value 6
      Name:            DevInstance

Value 7
      Name:            PrefEncoder
      Data:            \\?\pci#ven_4444&dev_0016&subsys_4b661043&rev_01#4&1535f642&0&20f0#{7a5de1d3-01a1-452c-b481-4fa2b96271e8}\{03688831-8667-4c61-b5d6-4a361f025d2d}

Value 8
      Name:            SupportedTuningspace
      Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ
      Data:            {8A674B4C-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}
                       {8A674B4D-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}
                       {F9769A06-7ACA-4E39-9CFB-97BB35F0E77E}

Value 9
      Name:            ConfiguredTuningspace
      Type:            REG_MULTI_SZ
      Data:            {8A674B4C-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}
                       {8A674B4D-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}
                       {F9769A06-7ACA-4E39-9CFB-97BB35F0E77E}

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\TuneRequest
    Value 0
      Name:            <NO NAME>
      Data:            {0369B4E5-45B6-11D3-B650-00C04F79498E}

Value 1
      Name:            Channel

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\TuneRequest\Components
    Value 0
      Data:            {809B6661-94C4-49E6-B6EC-3F0F862215AA}

Value 1
      Name:            Collection Count

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\TuneRequest\Tuning Space
    Value 0
      Data:            {8A674B4D-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}

Value 1
      Name:            Name
      Data:            Antenna

Value 2
      Name:            Description
      Data:            Local Analog Antenna

Value 3
      Name:            Network Type
      Data:            {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Value 4
      Name:            MinChannel
      Data:            0x2

Value 5
      Name:            MaxChannel
      Data:            0x45

Value 6
      Name:            InputType

Value 7
      Name:            CountryCode

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\UserSettings
    Last Write Time:   4/9/2007 - 3:14 PM
    Value 0
      Name:            UseSTB

Value 1
      Name:            WatchOrder

Value 2
      Name:            RecordOrder

Value 3
      Name:            WatchPrefered

Value 4
      Name:            RecordPrefered

Value 5
      Name:            EnabledForMCE

Value 6
      Name:            UserDefName
      Data:            Cable

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\UserSettings\TuneRequest
    Value 0
      Data:            {0369B4E5-45B6-11D3-B650-00C04F79498E}

Value 1
      Name:            Channel

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\UserSettings\TuneRequest\Components
    Value 0
      Data:            {809B6661-94C4-49E6-B6EC-3F0F862215AA}

Value 1
      Name:            Collection Count

Key Name:          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Service\Video\Tuners\{A799A800-A46D-11D0-A18C-00A02401DCD4}\{48C68FCE-EACE-4994-A3A9-D243529E0BAE}\UserSettings\TuneRequest\Tuning Space
    Value 0
      Data:            {8A674B4D-1F63-11D3-B64C-00C04F79498E}

Value 1
      Name:            Name
      Data:            Cable

Value 2
      Name:            Description
      Data:            Local Analog Cable

Value 3
      Name:            Network Type
      Data:            {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Value 4
      Name:            MinChannel

Value 5
      Name:            MaxChannel
      Data:            0x9e

Value 6
      Name:            InputType

Value 7
      Name:            CountryCode

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:37 PM
  • Help is now avaliable at http://www.munksupport.com . Now waht you can do is uninstall the drivers for the card, locate a driver from the manufacturers website for XP install the drivers, restart your PC and see if that will resolve the issue. XP drivers are known towork under Vista.

When you upgrade to vista, Vista upgrade the driver store with it's build in drivers. If Vista finds a driver in its store that is newer than the one that is now on the system before you upgrade, Vista will over write the files. This is the reason why things were ok under XP but now that you have Vista things are not great.

Locate the drivers from the makers website and try and install that driver. first uninstall the drivers for the device. for live support visit http://www.munksupport.com/

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:09 PM
  • For live support visit http://www.munksupport.com/  You can uninstall the drivers for the device and then download the XP drivers from the manufacturers website. install the drivers and see if that will help.

When you install Vista over XP all the drivers are updated and this may psoe a problem under Vista. It almost seems that Vista needs its own complete drivers to run properly.

In this case we are not able to do a driver roll back so the best thing to do is to uninstall the drivers and install the XP drivers for the device. http://www.munksupport.com/  and select live support on the right hand side.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:14 PM
  • Uninstall and reinstall the XP drivers that came with the system. for help http://www.munksupport.com/
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:15 PM
  • These MunkSupport posts are bogus... looks like someone is trying to do some free advertising...

Is there anyone among us who HASN'T already tried what they are suggesting!? Didn't think so...

~MB

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:01 AM
  • It's simple you said that my posting is bogus, but any way here. I am not seeking free ads I kow what I am saying. I worked with Microsoft in the pass and was one of the first to have used Vista.

If your card is not working and the manufacturer is not able to help you here is the problem. The device is not compatible with your system. Inorder to get he device working, you will have to do special comfigurations.  Now that may take some time, for you to have this device working.

This make include editing the risgtry, but that's can leave your system unstable if you do not know what to do. I recomened you check the Microsoft website, aned check the compatibility list for a list of hardware devices that is supported under vista. It is as simple as that.

All the systems I have installed worked without problems, and most manufacturer rather to sell new hardware ranther than writing new drivers for your device, it takes too long to produce new drivers for old cards, why not make new device and write new drivers.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:42 AM
  • We recommend a clean install of Vista, but we know that many folks prefer to upgrade from XP to avoid having to reinstall their apps, files, and settings. In most cases you can switch from XP to Vista without preparing at all, though we recommend that you back up your files in case something goes wrong.

An upgrade merely installs Vista directly over XP, retaining all of your applications, files, user accounts, and other settings. For safety's sake, before you do an in-place installation, back up all your files, just in case something goes wrong. Conversely, a clean install wipes out all traces of XP and of your applications, files, settings, and user accounts, deleting everything from your hard disk (including all the problematic Registry entries your system has accumulated) once the fresh copy of Vista is in place. Windows Easy Transfer, Vista's version of XP's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard, lets you move your settings, files, and apps to a clean Vista install via a direct cable connection or over a network.

Why do a clean install instead of an in-place upgrade? Not every version of XP can be upgraded to every version of Vista. For example, upgrading from XP Professional to Vista Home Premium requires a clean install. At Microsoft's site you can view XP and Windows 2000 upgrade options.

One final note: Before upgrading from XP, confirm that your PC can run Vista by downloading and running Microsoft's Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor. It will tell you which versions of Vista your system can run, and it will make recommendations for hardware upgrades if it determines that your PC isn't up to snuff.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:56 AM
  • Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:18 AM
  • I have an Acer Aspire 9805 notebook computer with an AVerMedia Hybrid M115 TV tuner card in it. Media Center worked fine with the tuner under Windows XP, but now that I've installed Windows Vista Home Premium says "tuner not found". I have a package called Replay A/V that IS able to find the tuner and record from it under Vista so the problem wouldn't seem to be the tuner or its driver. This would seem to confirm the conclusion already arrived at on this discussion thread that it is Vista's Media Center that is messed up.

Does anyone have concrete info a) that Microsoft has admitted this is a problem in the Media Center in Vista, and b) when a fix will be available?

Much appreciated. ..Bill..

Friday, April 13, 2007 1:34 AM
  • Yes, those MunkSupport posts are bogus.  I saw an update was released for Vista's Media Center today!  Unfortunately, it does not fix my issue with my Asus card (NTSC and FM tuners) in my HP Media Center m7160n.  The tuner hardware is still not found by Media Center. 

I have also experienced issues when playing any sound (music files, DVDs, home movies) in Vista.  The sound intermittently cuts out in Meda Center, Media Player and even iTunes.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I hope the update MS released today helps you folks.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:17 PM
  • Forgot to post the link to the Media Center Update for Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932818
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:18 PM
  • I Also have an Acer notebook with an embedded M115 DVB-T device.  When I upgraded to Vista, I could not find the Avermedia driver for this product.  If anyone has a clue where to find the Vista enabled M115 driver or if an alternative might work, please get in touch.  Many Thanks.

Jason

Monday, June 4, 2007 1:23 PM
  •  

Hi there i am having the same problem, what was the name of the hotfix you used? KB...

I would like to know where i could get this hotfox from or if you could send me it.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007 5:29 AM
  • I've tried this already on my HP m7690n. Upgraded to vista home premium 32-bit...clean install. Glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Has this been resolved as of now? I don't see anything on this thread, and I'm still stuck with a media center which does not work.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 7:30 AM
  • I have been watching this thread... and about 15 others... for the last 8 months or so looking for a solution. As of yet, My MC does not work. Rumor has it, the problem wont ever be resolved. If buying a new machine isn't in your short term plans, it might be in your best interest to buy a new TV Tuner.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 1:48 PM
  • Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.  I had the same problem with my wintv pvr-100, tuner could not be found in MC.  I can't remember exactly how I got it to work but it does work.  When I get home from work I will look to see how I fixed it and post back.  Haupage tech support knows how to get it going as well.  Try giving them a call.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 2:00 PM
  • My gigabyte TV tuner isn't working as well with media center vista - but it works fine with cyberlink power cinema.
    Friday, September 21, 2007 5:21 AM
  • Fixed my problem. In case nobody has mentioned this, here's what worked for me...

Problem:

1) Installed Vista Home Premium over WinXP Pro.

2) Media Center stopped recognizing Conexant Falcon II Tuner.

Fix:

1) Backup up all my files.

2) Reinstalled VHP as "Clean Install".

3) Ran Windows Udate to get latest drivers etc.

4) Media Center worked fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 2:40 AM