Vista Issues on Shutting Down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I installed Vista Home Premium on my system, but it seems to have some troubles shutting down. When I click 'Shut down', windows said that it's shutting down, then there's no monitor display but the system is still running. I have to press the power button to forcefully shut it down. When I try restarting, it restarts fine. If there is no way to solve this problem, does it damage the system if I keep shutting it down this way?
    Motherboard - Asus P5800
    Processor - Pentium 4 3.00Ghz
    Video - ATI Radeon 9200 (128mb)
    Ram - 512mb (I know this isn't enough but it shouldn't be causing this problem)

Also, my SoundMAX audio system isn't working properly, it's built on my motherboard. I'm aware that many others have the same problem with Vista not supporting SoundMAX drivers.

Thanks
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 9:03 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem after upgrade from Vista Business to Ultimate. DELL M1710 Laptop 2GB Mem, 512 Vid card. Also Audio stopped working. Others on net have same problems. I also have to manually shutdown. NEED FIX FROM BILL GATES........
    Sunday, April 8, 2007 10:00 PM
  • Yeah, I really hope that they could resolve this issue soon.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 11:01 PM
  • Hi there,

I've same issued with my notebook which cannot shutting down completely after installed Vista Ultimate.Do you find anyways to get to shut it down so far?

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 2:41 AM
  • You have any AntiVirus software installed? Does it shut down when you uninstall it?
    Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:36 PM
  •  PCTester wrote:
    You have any AntiVirus software installed? Does it shut down when you uninstall it?

I had try both with and without install anti virus also can't shut down.

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:55 PM
  •  

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Vista Home Premium 64bit. First I thought it was the power supply so I upgraded to Antec 550 watts. But it's still making same problem. It kept on shutting down and restart few minutes like 5 most after the windows loads up. Very frustrating and i read a lot of forums regarding people having similar problem thinking it was Vista.

I thought it was too and it cost me time reloading the windows vista again thinking it might fix the issue BUT the bugger is still doing the same thing. I checked the wiring and redo making sure there's no loose contact or shorts around the molex connectors. Everything is prestine. Motherboard and graphics card are brand new. Until such time 2 o'clock in am while i was downloading the Vista updates my system just suddenly died and when i pressed the power buttom a big smoke came out from the chips behind the cpu socket. Then i had a relief knowing that it's not the Windows VIsta that is causing the problem. Took the motherboard for replacement. and Now I have ASUS mobo that gigabyte was a faulty one that causing my system to reboot and shut down itself .

I am using gaming desktop, anyway i am not sure with those people with similar problem with their laptops.

Hardware Specs

Brand New ATI HD 4850 Videocard

AMD Athlon X2 6000+++ processor

2 Gig Corsair memory Dual chanelling 800 MHz

THAT FAulty GiGAbyte AMD 790X DS4 Motherboard bought as brand new

500 gig 7200 rpm HDD

22 inches Samsung Widescreen

My say Vista Home premium 64 bit which I use now with ASUS motherboard, is perfect. Nothing wrong with VISTA.

i thinks it's the hardware that you use with it. I cant complain now my index score is 5.9 not bad for AMD 6000X2 aye.

Mind you if you are an AMD person like me Stick with ASUS mobo. I have one before the faulty gigabyte but I decided to buy a new one that can support PCI-E 2.0 for my new HD4850.

No Offense to those who HAtes Vista.I used WinXP Pro before too, I love it. But it's time to move on tot the next level.

Mine works soooo sweet now with Vista. specially with my games COD4 CSSource WOW Rainbowsix Vegas 1 and 2, CAnt wait for the prequil of STALKER.

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:09 AM