none
How to delete Project Site RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

my project site could not be deleted !

• In Project Site Setting page:
    • When i try to create new ProjectSite for that project:
    • When i try to delete that "empty project site" : A messsage "No Project Site exists for..." displayed
    • When i lookat [PWA] --> [Site Settings] --> [Site Collection Administration] --> [Site hierarchy]: that ProjectSite doesnot exist
    • When i lookat [PWA] --> [Site Settings] --> [Site Administration] --> [Site and workspaces]: That ProjectSite doesnot exist too :(

So how could i recreate a projectsite

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:55 AM

Answers

• Here are the SQL query steps to clear orphan project site record from Project Server Published database.

Before proceeding further, make sure that you have backup of all 4 project databases and content database. In addition to that farm backup as well. Also understand that following query performs update function on specified tables, you have to be 100% sure to use exact name of the project plan.

1. First execute following query to copy project name

Use ProjectServer_Published

Select Proj_name from MSP_PROJECTS where PROJ_NAME like 'Enter your project name here'

2. Execute following query replacing project name from above query

Update MSP_PROJECTS SET WPROJ_STS_SUBWEB_NAME = NULL,WSTS_SERVER_UID = NULL,WPROJ_ISSUE_LIST_NAME = NULL,WPROJ_RISK_LIST_NAME = NULL,PROJ_TOTAL_DOC_COUNT = 0,PROJ_ACTIVE_ISSUE_COUNT = 0,PROJ_ACTIVE_RISK_COUNT = 0,WSS_PWA_ADMIN_ROLE_ID =
    NULL,WSS_PWA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROLE_ID = NULL,WSS_PWA_TEAM_MEMBER_ROLE_ID = NULL,WSS_PWA_READER_ROLE_ID = NULL where PROJ_NAME ='Enter your project name here'

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:56 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

If its ok , you can create site with different name

For example. If project name is Test Project and you are unable to create project site as http://servername/pwa/Test Project try creating as http://servername/pwa/test project 2

Another option is after creating dummy site, edit the site address and make it as http://servername/pwa/Test Project

Otherwise we need to execute some update queries on Published database which not MS supported way

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:09 AM
  • i cannot create any project site associates with that project

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:10 AM
  • You may have created a project site template that is pointing to the site. So SharePoint thinks it is there. 

Did you happen to create project site template using this site as a starter?

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011, MCC2012
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:24 PM
  • No, i have not any project site template. Be side that, i have about ten projects(and subproject) got this bug

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Here are the SQL query steps to clear orphan project site record from Project Server Published database.

Before proceeding further, make sure that you have backup of all 4 project databases and content database. In addition to that farm backup as well. Also understand that following query performs update function on specified tables, you have to be 100% sure to use exact name of the project plan.

1. First execute following query to copy project name

Select Proj_name from MSP_PROJECTS where PROJ_NAME like 'Enter your project name here'

2. Execute following query replacing project name from above query

Update MSP_PROJECTS SET WPROJ_STS_SUBWEB_NAME = NULL,WSTS_SERVER_UID = NULL,WPROJ_ISSUE_LIST_NAME = NULL,WPROJ_RISK_LIST_NAME = NULL,PROJ_TOTAL_DOC_COUNT = 0,PROJ_ACTIVE_ISSUE_COUNT = 0,PROJ_ACTIVE_RISK_COUNT = 0,WSS_PWA_ADMIN_ROLE_ID =
    NULL,WSS_PWA_PROJECT_MANAGER_ROLE_ID = NULL,WSS_PWA_TEAM_MEMBER_ROLE_ID = NULL,WSS_PWA_READER_ROLE_ID = NULL where PROJ_NAME ='Enter your project name here'

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:56 PM
  • thank you for this query, ill test and apply for production

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Monday, October 29, 2012 2:28 AM
  • WOW, this query work like charm !!!

many thank Hrishi

Nguyễn Dương Phú

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:53 AM
  • You are most wel come Nguyễn.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:28 PM