none
Report that shows tasks by people by date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I know there must be an easy way to do this, but I am a relative noob at MS Project so here I ask.

I have a project with several hundred tasks spread out over many months. I am now assigning resources to these tasks and I would like to create some sort of work list that shows what tasks are to be worked on by what people on a given day. My goal would be to say to my project team members "Here is what you have to work on this week."

How do I do this? It seems simple enough and in my mind should be an automatic part of Project.

Thanks

Richard

Friday, November 25, 2011 6:00 PM

Answers

• The Resource Usage View is closest to that, have a look at it.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Friday, November 25, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Richard,

In addition to Rod's suggestion, for individual "To do lists" check out the built-in reports found under Project/Reports group/Reports icon if you are using Project 2010. For Project 2007 the built-n reports are under the Report menu item. Earlier versions of Project did not have a built-in reports feature.

Personally I think the standard views (e.g. Resource Usage), customized with filters or grouping if necessary, are easier to use than the reports.

For the ultimate in custom reports, there is always the option to Export Project data to Excel either using the Visual Reports feature (Project 2007 & 2010) or VBA (any version of Project).

John

Friday, November 25, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• The Resource Usage View is closest to that, have a look at it.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Friday, November 25, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Richard,

In addition to Rod's suggestion, for individual "To do lists" check out the built-in reports found under Project/Reports group/Reports icon if you are using Project 2010. For Project 2007 the built-n reports are under the Report menu item. Earlier versions of Project did not have a built-in reports feature.

Personally I think the standard views (e.g. Resource Usage), customized with filters or grouping if necessary, are easier to use than the reports.

For the ultimate in custom reports, there is always the option to Export Project data to Excel either using the Visual Reports feature (Project 2007 & 2010) or VBA (any version of Project).

John

Friday, November 25, 2011 8:49 PM