none
IE10 certificate warning GPO Windows 7Hi RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are a branch office of a major company. The mother company has a intranet SharePoint website. The mother company still uses Windows XP with IE6.

We, the branch office, are running Windows 7 with IE8 some time now. We want to upgrade to IE10. Everything works except our intranet website. We get an IE10 certificate warning. How do we supress this error for this particular website.

I Know I should ask the mother company to fix the cert but this is a mission impossible. SO is there a GPO which I can use to entirely block this feature or add this intranet page to a whitelist or something? Our users are realy spoiled to if this error is not resolved we cannot migratie to IE10...

thanks!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We could take a try to add the website into Trusted zone:

Internet Explorer assigns all websites to one of four security zones: Internet, Local intranet, Trusted sites, or Restricted sites. The zone to which a website is assigned specifies the security settings that are used for that site.

We can control the level of security used on that site. For example, if you have a list of websites that you visit and you completely trust those sites, add those sites to the Trusted zone.

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

Security zones: adding or removing websites

Regarding GPO to add the website to security zone, we could use GPP or IEAK:

In the Internet Settings Group Policy Preferences dialog box, click the Security tab, and then update your security settings, based on zone.

-or-

On the Security and Privacy Settings page of IEAK 10, select your Security Zones and Privacy setting, modifying it, as necessary.

More information, please take a look in those articles:

How to configure Internet Explorer security zone sites using group polices

Appendix B: Replacements for Internet Explorer Maintenance

Hope this may help

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:06 AM