How can I setup Review Activity Notifcation Subscription that sends ONLY if the parent Work Item is a Change RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to set-up different Review Activity Notification Templates, for Service Requests, CHange Requests etc. The main reason is I want to add a link to the parent items Portal Ticket, so the Reviewer can click the link and view the parent ticket. The problem is, the links differ according to work item type in Ciresons portal... for example... Changes are pointing to the URL http://servername/ChangeRequest/Edit/changeID/.

Because it uses ChangeRequest in the URL, I have to do them work item specific, or have broken links in my RA notifications.

Any ideas?

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:28 PM

Answers

• This would be easier to accomplish by using an orchestrator runbook that it would be to use a subscription. You really would have to create an extended review activity template that would contain a workflow for each type of request. So you would have two separate review activity templates each with their own workflow logic built in. Where, in Orchestrator, you could create a watcher that would evaluate the relationship of the review activity to the request and could send an email notification based off of the relationship. There would be no need for a subscription or workflow at that point.
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Chase Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Crum Friday, March 11, 2016 10:00 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you need to add some specific code to your relationship code (if I have understood your correct requirements, please correct me if this is not what you want to achieve). I have answered a similar questions, so here is the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cf34b6da-02a3-49ba-bb3e-9ef004d4e276/subscription-for-manual-activity-with-information-from-parent-work-item-service-request?forum=systemcenterservicemanager

Please read the articles I have posted as they contain very detailed explanation on why this has to be done and how this is exactly done.

Hope this helps. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, March 7, 2016 3:54 PM
  • I have that part figured out and working, however, now that I am including Change Request Specific Data on my Review Activity Template, I want to build a Subscription for Review Activities, that are ONLY for Change Requests, so that I can use one review activity for change requests, and another for service requests. Does this make better sense?

I have included all Change Request fields on my RA Notification template, but I want to make it where that template will ONLY be used for Change Requests, and not other work items using Review Activities.

Monday, March 7, 2016 6:10 PM
  • This would be easier to accomplish by using an orchestrator runbook that it would be to use a subscription. You really would have to create an extended review activity template that would contain a workflow for each type of request. So you would have two separate review activity templates each with their own workflow logic built in. Where, in Orchestrator, you could create a watcher that would evaluate the relationship of the review activity to the request and could send an email notification based off of the relationship. There would be no need for a subscription or workflow at that point.
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Chase Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Crum Friday, March 11, 2016 10:00 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 6:56 PM