none
is it required to run MIM portal on both sharepoint servers? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

we have 2 sharepoint servers on a farm. we have install MIM portal on primary server and respective configuration deployed to secondary server.

is it necessary to install MIM portal on secondary server?

Need your help!

Thanks,

Shashidhar

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 1:01 PM

Answers

• Jim-

If you want two portal servers then yes you need SharePoint on both of them.

It will be a little easier (Couple less steps) to do the passive sync engine then install the active one. Just stop the service/set the startup type to manual on the passive one before installing what will be the active node.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

• Proposed as answer by Jimmy Salian Friday, April 20, 2018 9:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shashidhar J Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:10 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have similar query whether I need to install SP on both the MIM Servers and how to proceed with Sync Servers in Active Active or passive setup?

Any views from the community will be helpful.

Thanks.

Regards, Jim MSCS - MCP Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:30 PM
  • Jim-

You need to install the MIM Portal on both SharePoint servers in your case.

As far as the sync servers, active/passive is the only supported way to configure it.

Thanks,
    Brian

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 4:16 PM
  • Hello Guru Brian,

Thanks for the reply back, just to clarify if my requirement is to have 2 MIM Portal & Service Servers I need to configure and install SharePoint on both the servers? 

With regards to Sync Servers should I configure Passive first and later Active Server in order or it doesnt matter whichever way I setup Sync Servers?

Regards.

Regards, Jim MSCS - MCP Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Thursday, April 19, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Jim-

If you want two portal servers then yes you need SharePoint on both of them.

It will be a little easier (Couple less steps) to do the passive sync engine then install the active one. Just stop the service/set the startup type to manual on the passive one before installing what will be the active node.

Thanks,
    Brian

• Proposed as answer by Jimmy Salian Friday, April 20, 2018 9:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Shashidhar J Wednesday, May 23, 2018 11:10 AM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:05 PM
  • Thank you Guru Brian. Been a long time fan of yours!! Appreciate your help to the community.

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:14 AM