none
How to set materials for a task. That remain in use for the lengh of a task. RRS feed

• Question

• For example.

I have a task to set sprinklers in a field, the task itself is only a day long. The sprinklers will remain on the ground for about 10 days. How can i add the sprinklers for the task remove them from inventory for those 10 days. Once I retrieve the sprinkler I'd add them back onto my inventory/material. So i do not over-allocate the sprinklers.

Thanks

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Answers

• Never mind, I figured it out.

I set a summary tab over the sprinkler set and sprinkler retrieve. and set that summary with the sprinkler resource.

so it knows to use the sprinklers for the 10days, which is from set to retrieve. Hope this helps someone else out too.

• Marked as answer by VincentFRM Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:19 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:19 PM

All replies

• Never mind, I figured it out.

I set a summary tab over the sprinkler set and sprinkler retrieve. and set that summary with the sprinkler resource.

so it knows to use the sprinklers for the 10days, which is from set to retrieve. Hope this helps someone else out too.

• Marked as answer by VincentFRM Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:19 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Or you could treat the sprinkler as a work resource and have a single task that covers the ten days.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

Indeed, the sprinkler IS a work resource. Material resoruces are considered by Project to be CONSUMED not Used. What's more, Project is completely unable to consider/track inventory for material resources.

Greetings,

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:07 AM