none
Restrict Custom Enterprise Field Multiple Line Attribute to 400 Characters? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a new Custom Enterprise Field (say "XYZ") and made the custom attribute to Multiple Line of Text. Now I need to limit the character length to 400 Characters? (i.e. User should be allowed to enter more than 400 Characters)

Can you please suggest the ways, how can i do this?

Environment - Project Server 2013

Regards,

Sreekaanth

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:34 PM

All replies

• Sreekaanth,

I think limit is 255 Characters.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

When we chose Single Line of Text, it is limited to 255 Characters but when the input field is made Multiple Line of Text it is having nearly 6 / 8 lines ( so we will have 6x255 / 8x255Characters)

These two input fields, needs to be restricted to 100 characters for Single Line & 400 Characters to Multiple Lines.

Still have this issue :(

Regards,

Sreekaanth

Friday, August 9, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Hi Sreekaanth,

this is one suggestion.

You can insert new web part on your PDP and put javascript in there which will count the characters in your field and restrict the size of your field.

This is how you can put javascript on your page:

http://sharepoint1on1.blogspot.com/2013/08/project-server-set-custom-field-as.html

But, you don't use javascript form that page, you need to make your own that will count character in certain field and restrict input if there are to many characters.

Monday, August 12, 2013 7:40 AM