Slow USB Recognition RRS feed

• Question

• I had this problem last time, but when I sent my netbook to Support Service, I reinstalled my Windows 7. I decided to write this question in Performance forum,because it is quite less performance in my Win7, than few days ago. I have not installed anything. Just like that - I started my PC, plugged in my pendrive and... it is not available directly, but after few (~30!) seconds! I have ASUS VX6 Netbook and Windows 7 HP. I have 6 different pendrives I use randomly.

Last days I found, that my Windows 7, after I start it, back from hibernate or anything else... recognize my USB pendrive when I insert it into USB port vbery long. It is only first time. It takes ~30 secs. I have NIS 2011, but throught the months it was no problem with NIS and any software :/

When I wait for this recognition and pendrive is now available in System, next changes, remove/insert operations on any pendrives are very quick.

What was happened? I need to tell you, that it is not a first time (before my 1st format I had this situation - few months later after first installation, too).

I am not a first person, who have this problem.  Now I have much less applications inside my PC, than first time I had...

..: Best Regards - Artur (Krupers) Krupa ::.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue occurs on all pendrives or only one.

Please update the BIOS, chipset, USB driver from manufacture's site below and perform clean boot for testing.

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=20&s=1&m=Eee%20PC%20VX6&os=29&hashedid=30dqaE10a0LUo9XJ

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, please set the following configuration.

1. Go to Device Manager.

2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

3. Right-click a USB Root Hub in the list, and then click Properties. The USB Root Hub Properties dialog box is displayed.

4. Click the Power Management tab, clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

5. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:07 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:50 AM