none
When ever I click "Show in Folder" for anything that I download - the system crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

Today my Windows 8.1 PC has started to act weird. I can download files to my pc but if I click "Show in Folder" the PC hangs for a few seconds and then Windows Explorer crashes.

I also tried downloading some videos from my ipad to my pc which worked perfectly and they were stored in "My Pictures" but when I tried to access them again the system crashed. 

Any help please??

Thanks 

D. 

Monday, December 7, 2015 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, please try below methods to test:
    1. Run "iexplore.exe -extoff" to open IE without add-ons. If it works, please disable add-ons one-by-one to test.
    2. Run Windows with clean boot.
    3. Run SFC to scan and repair corrupted file.

If it remain persists, please try to collect relevant event log for further troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:10 AM

All replies

• Have you added any software? Thinking it is related to some addition to explorer.

Can you try restoring the PC from point before this issue happened. Search start for restore select Create a restore point. Click System Restore. Do you get the option of previous restore points? If so click one from before when the issue started and restore the PC to that

Monday, December 7, 2015 10:56 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, please try below methods to test:
    1. Run "iexplore.exe -extoff" to open IE without add-ons. If it works, please disable add-ons one-by-one to test.
    2. Run Windows with clean boot.
    3. Run SFC to scan and repair corrupted file.

If it remain persists, please try to collect relevant event log for further troubleshooting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:10 AM