IDT High Definition Audio driver requires further installation. RRS feed

• Question

• How do I repair this situation?

Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_103C2AFA&REV_1003\4&1a7d4eb0&0&0001 requires further installation.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

did your computer just finish installing the Designer Update and restart?

Restart your computer again to finish installing driver updates from third-parties.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:27 AM
  • Hi ,

To resolve the issue, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your driver. Uninstall it in device Manager and Windows will reinstall it upon reboot.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 1:51 AM
  • What is the make and model of your computer?  HP?

Are you having any problems with the audio?

Is this the IDT high definition CODEC?

When you attempted the download what was the source?

Did the suggested steps above work:  reboot, uninstall and reinstall the driver?

Monday, June 12, 2017 4:37 AM
  • Allow me to answer this question.  

What is the make and model of your computer?  HP?  No. Dell Inspiron 13-5378

Are you having any problems with the audio?  Yes.  Every time Windows 10 updates installs this driver the sound coming from the laptop is muffled & resembles blown speakers.  When using Windows generic driver the sound is distinguishable.  The result, I swap sound worth hearing for better quality music.  The sound card is not used to its full potential and programs to improve sound does not work without the Realtek driver.

Is this the IDT high definition CODEC?  Negative.  This is the Realtek Semiconductor Audio Sound Driver for Dell Inspiron 13-5378 x64

When you attempted the download what was the source?  Initiated & installed by Windows 10 automatic update

Did the suggested steps above work:  reboot, uninstall and reinstall the driver?  Negative.  At this point, the fix is to uninstall completely.  I have been searching for a better long term solution to no avail.  Which is how I came across this article.

Friday, March 15, 2019 3:15 AM
  • The thread is very old.

Please open a new thread and post the link into this thread.

In the opening post indicate the problems, when they started, the troubleshooting steps made, the windows version, whether the computer is under warranty, and when the computer was last working properly.

Friday, March 15, 2019 4:54 AM